Removing Oil Stains from Concrete

How can I remove a bad oil stain from my concrete patio floor?

By Alex from Surrey, England

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm not sure you can remove the entire stain but here is how I cleaned my driveway where our car leaked oil.

Get a wide blade putty knife and scrape up whatever you can. Next, get some Pine Sol and pour it directly onto the stain. Scrub with a wire brush. Rinse with water and let dry. When the area is completely dry, you can spray some brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner on the area. You might be able to get the residue off with that and you can buy it at any auto supply store.

Home Depot and Lowe's also sell something that is supposed to work to get the stains off but we have never used it so I don't know if it works.

Hope this helps!

Use clay kitty litter, be generous, walk on to make contact, leave for how ever long it take.

Motor Oil on Concrete
Cleaning Motor Oil Stains From Concrete
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMarch 28, 2011
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:18:15 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.