Castor Oil Mole Repellant

Moles don't like castor oil. Try this solution and be sure to let us know whether it was successful.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup castor oil
  • 2 gallons water

Directions

Pour this solution around the perimeter of you garden or lawn and keep some on hand to pour on mole mounds when they appear. Continue doing this for a month.

Does castor oil mix with water? Your recipe stated to use 1/2 Cup castor oil to 2 gals of water. Where do you purchase the castor oil? Do you run this through a hose sprayer or just pour it on?

You can buy castor oil at any drug store. If you can't find it, ask the pharmacist. I'm not sure how well it mixes with the water so i would shake it often.

Susan from ThriftyFun

has anyone tried soaking cracked corn with the castor oil to make a granular repellant

Didn't work a all. Tried it on 3 separate occasions, didn't even slow them down. My yard looks like trench warfare from WWI.

I'm sorry I didn't read the Feedback responses before trying this. Despite my inner voice saying "but oil and water don't mix", I gave it a try. What a mess. The oil mainly sunk to the bottom of the watering can, and was very difficult to clean up. It's an extremely thick an sticky oil. If the oil is in fact effective at killing the moles, what about pouring some oil strait in the holes and following with some hot water to cause it to run down in? That may be worth a try, and no mess.

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersJuly 21, 2004
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Castor Oil
Uses for Castor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎉
🎄