Etching a Glass Bottle
It's easy to give store-bought bottles a "homemade touch" by etching them with a special message or design, then filling them with something your recipient will love.
Tools and Materials
You'll need a Dremel rotary tool, a bottle, clamp or slip-free rubber mat, a soft cloth, glass cleaner, paper, pencil, permanent marker and masking tape to complete this simple project.
- Sketch your message or design on a piece of paper or clip out an image from a magazine.
- Cut it out to create a stencil and secure it with masking tape to the glass bottle. Draw your design onto the bottle using a permanent marker.
- Gently clamp the bottle to a table or use a rubber mat to provide a slip-free work surface.
- Wearing eye protection, use the Dremel rotary tool along with an silicon carbide grindstone (#84922, included in Dremel XPR rotary tool kit sold below) to etch over your permanent marker design. Use the tip of the bit to etch into the surface of the glass.
- Clean the surface of the bottle with a soft cloth and glass cleaner when finished etching.
November 14, 20040 found this helpful
Thats an interesting idea...I was thinking about doing that myself but I have a slightly easier way to do it.
Go to the craft store and get Glass Etching Medium..It comes in a spray bottle..Use that stencil you made or buy one and tape to the bottle in the position you want it..Spray it and let dry....Remove the stencil and wha la! Etched Glass Bottle..
Your way is cool too. Your way is better for fine detailing and making your own designs.
Thanx for the idea-Take Care-Xerophyia
December 7, 20050 found this helpful
Thanks! That'll be great for candle shelters!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 3:27:04 PM on 10.0.1.56 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us