Etching a Glass Bottle
Use these to fill with homemade lotions, body washes, or even decorate canning jars for Xmas salts or homemade food items. Make your own etched candle votives too!
You will need:
- glass jar, votive, or bottle
- Gallery Glass Etching Medium
- small paint brush
- Lay newspaper down on flat surface where you will be working.
- Place your stencil on the jar and center the stenciled image where you want it, and tape it there tightly. Make sure it is even and flat with no gaps between the stencil and the jar. This is key.
- Shake your etching medium, and paint on a thin layer in the stencil area, but make sure you don't go out side the stencil and etch that area around it.
- A thin to medium layer of etching medium is best. Don't go too crazy.
Let dry and remove stencil.
Tada! A pretty etched glass bottle or jar.
By XerophyiaRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's easy to give store-bought bottles a "homemade touch" by etching them with a special message or design, then filling them with something your recipient will love.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.