Easy Calzone

It's so easy and quick. You can change it up a million ways.

• Pizza crust (I use the roll ones over by the rolls of biscuits but you can use whatever you like or even homemade)
  • Ad
  • Variety of meats (I use turkey pepperoni and Canadian bacon, sometimes bacon bits)
  • Variety of veggies (It's up to you. We use bell pepper and onion)
  • mozzarella cheese, or use what you like
  • melted butter
  • Parmesan cheese
  • garlic powder

You will be putting your meats, veggies and cheese on the lengthwise. Roll your pizza crust out onto a jelly roll pan. Here is where you can change it up. You can sprinkle spices, Italian seasoning, garlic powder etc on dough or leave plain.

Start layering your veggies, then meats, then cheeses down the center of the dough. I mentally divide it by 4 then put stuff down the middle two. I put veggies on bottom so they are closer to heat and can get done. When you have everything on there to your liking fold one side over to the middle, then fold other side over till it just overlaps other side. Cut little slits in the calzone to vent.

Cook at 400 degrees F. for 10-13 minutes, will depend upon your oven. While this is cooking melt your butter. I melt a whole stick and add garlic powder to it. Then when calzone is done, brush garlic butter on top and then sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.

You can then use what garlic butter is leftover to dip calzone in. Also can warm up some marinara to use as a dip. I slice into 6 equal pieces and this feeds 3 people, unless one of those is a teenage boy, then you might want to make two.

Servings: 6
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
10-13 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Just trying to copy pepperoni rolls, I used to buy at the mini mart years ago

By micksgirl from Paducah, KY

Calzone Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Italian CalzonesSeptember 11, 2009
Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Calzone Recipes
Meatball Calzone
Meatball Calzone Recipes
Ham and Cheese Calzone
Ham and Cheese Calzone Recipes
Spinach Calzone
Spinach Calzone Recipes