Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

My daughter spilled nail polish remover on light blue carpet, we used dry cloths to soak it up. What else should we do?

By Joy from Anaheim, CA

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

I spilled a bottle of nail polish remover on my bedroom carpet and my whole rooms reeks. Any suggestions on how to cut the smell? I blotted it dry, but the odor.

Sami

RE: Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

You can try to put a dish of vinegar in your room, that absorbs odors. Or try to air it out (not sure where you live, but if the weather permits open up windows in there). Baking soda helps for odors, too. Hope this works for ya. (03/19/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda on it and let set for a couple of days, then vacuum up. May need to repeat. (03/21/2006)

My 3 year old daughter decided she needed to take off her nail polish on her own and spilled nail polish remover on my bed. I didn't catch it until who knows how long after and it soaked through to the mattress.

Will it hurt the mattress? I tried to soak it up and "wash" off the area. Is there anything I can or should do? If it matters, it's non acetone. And the whole house (weird that it's the whole house) smells wretched.

By Amanda from OH