Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

My daughter spilled nail polish remover on light blue carpet, we used dry cloths to soak it up. What else should we do?

By Joy from Anaheim, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

October 3, 2010 Flag

My 3 year old daughter decided she needed to take off her nail polish on her own and spilled nail polish remover on my bed. I didn't catch it until who knows how long after and it soaked through to the mattress.

Will it hurt the mattress? I tried to soak it up and "wash" off the area. Is there anything I can or should do? If it matters, it's non acetone. And the whole house (weird that it's the whole house) smells wretched.

By Amanda from OH

March 29, 2010 Flag

I spilled a bottle of nail polish remover on my bedroom carpet and my whole rooms reeks. Any suggestions on how to cut the smell? I blotted it dry, but the odor.

Sami

Answers:

Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

You can try to put a dish of vinegar in your room, that absorbs odors. Or try to air it out (not sure where you live, but if the weather permits open up windows in there). Baking soda helps for odors, too. Hope this works for ya. (03/19/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda on it and let set for a couple of days, then vacuum up. May need to repeat. (03/21/2006)

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 3, 2010
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 10:14:17 AM on 10.0.1.35 in 597 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.