Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

By Joy 1

My daughter spilled nail polish remover on light blue carpet, we used dry cloths to soak it up. What else should we do?

By Joy from Anaheim, CA

Showing: ArchivesSorted By: Relevance

Comment

Archive: Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

I spilled a bottle of nail polish remover on my bedroom carpet and my whole rooms reeks. Any suggestions on how to cut the smell? I blotted it dry, but the odor.

Sami

Feedback:

RE: Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

You can try to put a dish of vinegar in your room, that absorbs odors. Or try to air it out (not sure where you live, but if the weather permits open up windows in there). Baking soda helps for odors, too. Hope this works for ya. (03/19/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda on it and let set for a couple of days, then vacuum up. May need to repeat. (03/21/2006)

My 3 year old daughter decided she needed to take off her nail polish on her own and spilled nail polish remover on my bed. I didn't catch it until who knows how long after and it soaked through to the mattress.

Will it hurt the mattress? I tried to soak it up and "wash" off the area. Is there anything I can or should do? If it matters, it's non acetone. And the whole house (weird that it's the whole house) smells wretched.

By Amanda from OH

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 3, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 3:07:47 PM on 10.0.2.219 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings