My House Reeks of Skunk Odor

A skunk died under my house last night. How do I get the smell out of everything?

By Nickerson from MI

Best Answer

I can somewhat relate! This winter we had a horrific septic tank smell in the house. Long story there, but we had some repairs done and they believe a vent was partially blocked by all the snow/ice. Anyway, I aired out whenever the smell was the strongest, and aired out the house often. I also lit many candles which really helped. Try putting bowls of vinegar out, that helps somewhat.

Best of luck and sorry this had to happen to you!

A big bottle of Febreeze. You may need to spray the entire house two or three times but it works. The odor contain an oil. A skunk sprayed outside my house. All the windowsw were open. This is how I know Febreeze works.

Thank you so much. I really found that this helped get rid of the odor. I think we had a light spray outside, my husband had opened the door (it was on the deck), but he closed door quickly I turned all vent and exhaust fans in the house, as well. But, I still thank you so much. 

A skunk sprayed my house after my dog tried to go after it. It was very bad I didn't want be in the house. But I opened windows and turned on fans to move air around. I put vinegar in dishes around the house. After a couple hrs I could breath a little better.

Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 9, 2011
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎉
🎄