Wildlife: Deer (Bluntsville, VA)

Recently a friend invited me to Bluntsville, VA. This was 100 years ago a beautiful ore mining and plantation area. It is now abandoned with old homes, plantations and acres of untouched forest. I took some photos of the old plantations, and deer that were so innocent they would just stand and look as you pass by.

By judyspics from Hudson, NC

Boy, the stories that home and land could tell. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your wonderful pictorial. Fascinating how quickly nature reasserts, and how innocently fearless those deer were.

Hi, it's so beautiful. I'm so into our past and would love it to see all the pictures of the old houses and plantations. I currently live on an 800 vineyard where the old mansion was recently torn down. It made me ill. I had to leave that day. I couldn't watch it get torn down, so I very much would love to see your photos. My email is racegirlrandi2 AT gmail.com. Here's my old mansion; not really mine but I pretended it was while it was here! fun

Photos SceneryJanuary 3, 2011
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden, Doe in Suburban Garden
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden
🎉
🎄