Keeping Dishrags Clean

To keep your dishrag nice and clean and sanitary, put it in your dishwasher with your dirty dishes. I do this all the time and always get compliments on my dishrag looking and smelling nice.

By Bettbee from FL

be sure to put the dishrag into a closed container or weight it down really well under silverwear

How do you put them keep them from flying all over the dishwasher. Do you clip them to the racks with a clothes pin or what?

Linda from PA

Does it hold water and stay dripping wet when the dishwasher is done? I guess it would depend on what material is used for the dish rag.

I run my kitchen sponges through the dishwasher for the same reason.

I don't have a dishwasher and I don't want to wash 2 or 3 dishcloths at a time in the washing machine. Is there any way to keep the wet rags from molding while waiting for a full load of dishcloths to wash?

I buy a package or bundle of cheap white washcloths to use as dishcloths. Each night before I go to bed I make sure the dishcloth is rinsed out and draped across the center divider in my kitchen sink. The next morning it is dry. I toss it in the dirty clothes basket with any other whites I have waiting to be washed. I get a fresh washcloth/dishcloth out of the drawer every morning. I do the same with my plain white dishtowels. Everything is white so nothing fades or can't be put in a load with bleach. Works for me!

It's my understanding (my mother told me this a long time ago) that if you don't rinse the dish clothes out thoroughly (getting all the soap out), they will sour. Also, to keep mine from staining, I don't wipe up anything that can stain them (coffee, juice, etc.) I use a paper towel for those things. This keeps my dishclothes stain free.

Using Dish Cloths
Using Dish Cloths
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 21, 2005
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Woman with Baby in Stroller
Keeping a Baby Stroller Clean
Family Eating Together Using Placemats
Keeping Your Tablecloth and Placemats Clean
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎉
🎄