Making Goulash With Hamburger

Does anyone have a recipe for hamburger goulash?

By Rachelle

I don't have an actual recipe, I learned how to make it from my late Mother. I brown the hamburger, I rarely use a full pound of hamburger, depending on how large of batch I make. There are two of us and make enough for 2-3 meals. While I brown the hamburger, I add some diced onion and if I have it I dice some celery in with the hamburger and onion. I add the macaroni to the hamburger mixture without pre-cooking the macaroni(I figure if Hamburger Helper can do it that way I can too.) Then I add a can of diced tomatoes, a can of whole kernel corn, and a can of tomato soup with water to make enough liquid for the amount of dry ingredients. I also add a some dried parsley flakes, some garlic powder and a dash of some type of spicy seasoning. Some of these things weren't in my Mother's recipe.

I just figure by adding the corn that basically makes it a complete meal. I also brown some of my hamburger and put in Ziploc baggies, probably so that it looks like there might be half a pound in each bag, then I freeze it that way and when I need some all I have to do is pull out however many baggies I need and thaw them out. Being I make a quite lareg amount of this recipe, I make it in a four quart kettle.

1 lb ground beef browned with 1 med onion & 1/2 C. chopped green pepper, drain and add: 15oz can tomato sauce, 1 can water, 6-8 oz macaroni, 2 T sugar, 2 t salt. Bring to a boil - stir - cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15-20 min until macaroni is tender.

Here's a simple one that a friend gave me. Hope this helps!

Hamburger

Chopped Onion

Ragu with Meat Sauce

Box of Macaroni

Pepperoni

Two 8 oz Bags of Mozzarella Cheese

Brown Hamburger and Onion in a Skillet.

Drain and add Ragu and Pepperoni

Cook Macaroni and Drain

Mix Macaroni and Sauce together.

Pour into Buttered Pan and Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

and cover with Mozzarella Cheese and Pepperoni and bake until Cheese is melted on top.

Thank you all readers for your help with this recipe.