Browsing: Adding Fruit to Cereal

Fruit Flavored Cereal

Instead of buying fruit-flavored cereal, you can make your own healthier version. Buy a bag of frozen berries or peaches in the grocery store frozen food section. Add a little water to a serving of frozen berries or peaches and microwave 45 seconds. Add the fruit to a bowl of whole grain cereal. The fruit is ready by the time you finish pouring the cereal.

By Carolyn

Sounds like a very good idea, and I'd probably go with blueberries or blackberries (though pretty much anything would work). Also, and I know some folks wouldn't consider this either thrifty or healthy, after I got it in the bowl I'd add a little half & half (light cream). The stuff is pretty rich so it doesn't take much, but that's what I always eat on my cereal. Also if it requires sweetening I'd use honey. Again you won't need much, but we used to keep bees and I got pretty spoiled to that stuff.

- Alph

Cereal With Fruit
Adding Fruit to Cereal
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingJanuary 9, 2005
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:24:10 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.