Meat and Veggie Medley

This is a very easy dish I came up with after having a lot of leftovers from salad the previous day. My husband and son both loved it. I loved it also but for a different reason - it's easy to prepare and takes only minutes! It's delish and you can change the vegetables and meats to whatever you like or have on hand.

• 4 chicken breasts, deboned, skinned, and cubed.
  • garlic (as much or as little as you like)
  • 1 small pkg. fresh mushrooms or 1 can of mushrooms (I used fresh baby portabellas and button that I had left over from salad.)
  • 1 large onion, sliced for stir fry
  • 1 small can pickled baby corn
  • 1 small jar jalapeno jelly for sweet heat
  • small amount corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup water
  • cooking oil
  • rice

Directions:

In a large skillet, add a small amount of cooking oil, enough to cover the bottom of skillet. After the oil gets hot, put chicken and garlic into skillet and cook until almost done. Add all the vegetables and cook until tender. Add jelly. Mix cornstarch well into about a 1/4 cup of cold water and pour into pan. Stir quickly into the mixture and this will make the gravy. Serve over rice or noodles.

Servings: 4
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

By Michelle from Lanett, AL

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesApril 19, 2011
veggie plate
Making a Vegetable Party Tray
Veggie burger patty.
Veggie Burger Recipes
Vegetable Medley
Vegetable Medley Recipes
Fruitcake
Fruitcake Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 4:03:16 PM on 10.0.0.252 in 868 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.