Converting to Diabetic Recipe With Sugar Twin

If you want to convert recipes for use by Diabetics, or just want to cut sugar, make sure to use a sugar substitute that can withstand heat. Sugar Twin is a great choice in that it retains its sweetness when it is cooked or baked, and you can get it in a form that measures, cup for cup, like sugar.

By Judi in Orlando

Splenda is good for cooking and baking. The one thing that I've found is that you can't judge the flavor once it's heated as the way you can when using sugar in a recipe, by sticking your finger in and tasting it, as once the product is finished the sweet flavor comes out then. Sometimes I don't even use equal amounts of Splenda like a recipe will call for a cup of sugar, I'll just use 3/4 cup of splenda.

I have been insulin dependant diabetic (type 1) for 20 years (since I was 10!). Up to now I have found all sugar substitutes extremely laxative! (Most unfortunate at easter time!) I chose to eat ordinary sugar but in small doses.....

Julie from the UK

What is the conversion of sugar in recipes to equal or sweet n low

nthomas.5 AT

Fresh Salad
Diabetic Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJanuary 1, 2005
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Blueberry Pie
Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar