Stir Fry Tips

I stir fry quite often with fresh veggies. In order to get everything cooked properly, I need to add the different ingredients separately: first onions; then harder veggies that need to be softened, like carrots; then soft ones like broccoli or chard, that only need to cook briefly. This always results in several prep bowls getting dirty just to hold the chopped ingredients until it is their turn.

Now I use the bowls I'm planning on serving the stir fry in instead of specific prep bowls. I just give them a rinse and a wipe after I add each ingredient. This saves me a ton of dishes. You wouldn't want to do this with meat or anything else that would not be cleaned quickly and easily.

Another tip that I have learned the hard way. Start the rice FIRST! I have a rice cooker so I always start a batch cooking before I chop any veggies. After the veggies are done, I use the cutting board to cut up meat, if I am using any. That way, it can go right in the dishwasher.

I usually have the stir fry ready to serve when the rice cooker is done. Despite chopping all the veggies (which you could certainly minimize with frozen), this is my fastest and most reliable weeknight dinner.

By Jess from Hillsboro, OR

stir fry tips
Stir Fry Tips And Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJuly 23, 2009
Pork Stir Fry
Pork Stir Fry Recipes
Shrimp Stir Fry
Shrimp Stir Fry Recipes
chicken stir fry
Chicken Stir Fry Recipes
beef stir fry
Beef Stir Fry Recipes