My Hibiscus Plant

This is an indoor Hibiscus Plant. It just started blooming about 1 week ago. It has on it at least 12 buds. The important tip with this plant is; When this plant is beginning to bud and bloom, It drinks up water very fast. It will only keep budding if it is fed each day, about 1 cup of water.

Also, each day that it blooms, The bloom only last 1 full day. The next morning, Clip off at the end of the stem of the curled up bloom. Each day, it should increase the amount of blooms.

I noticed today, It has blossomed 3 new flowers. And this should continue for the spring and summer. When the warm weather is here to stay, This indoor plant can go outdoors. It loves the sunshine. But, Keep an eye on watering it. It is a lot of fun watching the growth in a plant like this.

Hugs,

By Jackie from Norton, MA

I have never seen an indoor Hibiscus plant before. It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. God bless you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hi Jackie,

Truly lovely...what is the source for such a plant? Is it very expensive and does it come in different colors?

Thanks for sharing.

Laine in Boston (Dorchester) MA

LaniJimB1 at verizon.net

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for the lovely picture and hint to help this plant

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I recieved an hibiscus plant from Hawaii, I need to know how to plant it. It is in a bag--one end has tan dried like roots. I don't know which end goes into the soil. The other end is soft and very dark in color like a piece of the plant. Please help. vaught 21921 AT comcast.net. Thank you so much.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hello, I bought cold hardy hibiscus from a mail order. It is supose to survive below 0 temps. Time will tell? I planted it out back about a week ago. Unknown as to what color it will bloom as of yet.

Reply Like this photo? Yes