How Do I Clean My Dryer Vent?

Does anyone know how to clean out your clothes dryer vent?

Leah from North Hollywood, CA

The best way is to hire it done. The safest way is to let an appliance tech do it. My husband the appliance tech has a special tool designed to go into the internal vent system to clean it out carefully without detaching the vent itself. Always remember to clean the lint trap after each use and you won't have to have my husband out there cleaning the vent system.

You can buy a tool for about 10 dollars at most hardware stores or home improvement centers like Home Depot, Lowes etc. It is a long flexible thing (sort of like a drain cleaning snake) with a brush on the end.

Use your leaf blower hooked to the inside to blow out all the lint. Works every time.

Clothes Dryer
Cleaning a Dryer Vent
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 22, 2008
Floor Air Vent
Removing Urine Odors From an Air Vent
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Vent Snowman
Making a Dryer Vent Snowman