Finding a Cheap Prom Dress

A inexpensive formal dress can be found by secondhand shopping, if you have time to look. This guide is about finding a cheap prom dress.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sells cheap prom gowns. I'm disabled and my 16 year old daughter would love to go to her prom but finding a dress on my budget is hard.

Thank you.

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous
Best Answer

A prom dress is like a bridesmaid gown - wear it once and hang it up. I would try a consignment store. They sell barely used clothing, and I am sure bridesmaid gowns are always in stock.

Try this one:

http://stores.e  ver-PrettyAUShop

Hope it helps and she can make her prom. :)

Some shops offer cheap dress under 100, here are some:

http://www.prom  s-under-100.html

http://www.prom  resses-under-100

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sells cheap prom gowns. I'm disabled and my 16 year old daughter would love to go to her prom, but finding a dress on my budget is hard.

Thank you.

Bonita

Feedback:

Bridal Shop

You could go to a bridal shop and ask to see their discontinued dresses or those simply "left behind". Many of these dresses are between $15.00-$30.00. If your daughter is so inclined she may want to pick one out and add something she likes to make it more her own and more to her taste, like beading which can always be found at craft stores.

Or simply ask around for a "once worn" bridesmaid/bride's dress to borrow or buy. It is a big time within most girls lives if they can have fun and look lovely so involve her in the choosing process so the dress she picks becomes more her's than a "second hand solution." Best of luck and beauty to you both!

By Karaof4

Consignment Shops

Try Consignment and thrift stores. They usually have really nice dresses for half the price.

By Aimee

Ross

I paid 30 dollars for my dress at Ross. It was peach, but they had a huge selection to choose from. It's a discount clothing store, but their clothes are usually in good condition.

By Velvet

Buy Last Years Dress

Try looking at the last few years' prom and other formal photos. See if there isn't a dress that really stands out to you and approach that girl and ask to buy her dress. They will never wear it again and know they won't get any money for it other wise. My best-friend wore the Prom Queen's dress from the year before and she only paid $25 for it.

By Suzanne S.

Guidance Counselor

A good place to start is with a school guidance counselor. They have contacts and know of places that give and lend dresses.

By Leisa

Kohl's, TJ Maxx and Deb's

I find really good dresses at places like Kohl's and TJ Maxx and Deb's, but not their online stores, those aren't very good for dresses. I'm low income, so I know where to go for a cheap dress.

By Courtnee

eBay

Try eBay. I am selling my prom dress on there for around $60. You can get many different styles too.

By Zara