Cleaning Your Dryer Filter - Dryer Sheet Build-Up

Cleaning your filter screen for your dryer will help it run longer and more efficiently. Take your filter to the sink. Run water through the screen. If it holds water, it has a coating left on from your dryer sheets. Take an old toothbrush and wash it with hot soapy water to remove the residue. Rinse throughly. This will help your dryer run better. Read about it here at this site.

The instructions that came with my dryer said to NEVER wet the lint screen filter or wash it with water. I realize that different brands may use different materials for their lint screens.... so washing may be okay for some brands. I'd double check before I did that just to be safe.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Linda, for your incredibly helpful tip! I never would have believed this, since my dryer filter "looked" clean, but I tried the "water test" after reading your link, and I am now a believer!

how to clean a front-mounted lint screen/filter?(Kenmore)

Dryer Drum
Cleaning a Clothes Dryer
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 26, 2005
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Well Water
Cleaning A Well Water Filter
Cleaning the Filter Screen in a Dishwasher
Range Hood Filter
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter