Red Sharpie on a Wooden Cutting Board

I got red sharpie on a really nice wooden cutting board. I've tried everything but I still can't get it off.

Megan from Colorado

If it's permanent ink the mark won't come off. Is the cutting board used for a decoration, and if it is only decorative, paint over the sharpie mark with your own artwork? If you can utilize it for slicing vegetables, meats, etc. why would it matter if it had a mark on it.

I use SOS pads and it has always taken the mark off my wooden furniture.

Use magic earaser, works like a champ.

You can sand it off with sandpaper. Try a finer grit first and use a larger grit if necessary. Then reseason the board with mineral oil. Hope this helps.

Well, I'd say you need to either take your red sharpie and either do some "hand decorating" all over the rest of the board and make it part of a fun pattern or maybe even try buying some red colored wood stain to stain the wood a color that covers it. It doesn't sound like you wanted a RED cutting board, but you may end up with one. otherwise you could probably just sand the spot and take the surface color off from the marker and then find a clear seal or matching stain to touck it up.

Anything with alcohol, (purell hand sanitizer etc.) will remove sharpie markers off most surfaces, I'm not sure about wood, 'cause the marker is probably soaked into the wood grain.

I am using a stain stripper and it is slowly removing the marker from my cutting board that has been marked on for about 7 years

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousFebruary 4, 2008
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎄