Using Cut Off Pant Legs

My 7 year old is a little larger than average around his waist, so I have to buy pants that are to long for him in order to get ones that will fit him around his waist, and end up cutting and hemming them for a better fit. I use the leftover pants legs to make cute little bags to keep things in.

You just take a leftover pants leg, turn it inside out and upside down, hand stitch (or machine) the cut end together, and turn the leg inside out. Then take two colored shoelaces or pieces of string and run them through the top of the open end so you can pull it tight to close, and use for a handle.

My daughter and niece make and decorate them, and they turn out great! (Their ages are 9 and 8).

By Valerie from Huntington, WV

Great idea! Another one is to save the cut off ends to patch the holes little boys (and big!) always seem to put in their pants.

can you post a pic of the lil bags you make please???

Zig

I have done this same thing! woo hoo

here is a pic of one I made for my daughter.

I did my first time embroidery on it to fancy it up a bit and used the gemagic on the other side

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/kellyshorsebag.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/kellyshorsebag1.jpg

Crafts Using Old Jeans, Stack of jeans to use for crafts.
Crafts Using Old Jeans
Crafts Recycled Crafts ClothingSeptember 29, 2006
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Making a Jeans Apron
Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
dining room chairs
Finding Caps for Chair Legs
🎉
🎄