Bleach Stains on Jeans

How can I get the color back into my jeans after getting a splash of bleach on them?

By Brittany from Atlanta, GA

I don't think you will get rid of it completely. Even if you dye the jeans there will still be a spot that is a lighter color than the rest of the jeans. Permanent marker will temporarily cover the spot, but my experience has been that the marker doesn't go all the way through the spot and therefore washes out in the laundry.

I am afraid the color has been removed, so it's gone for good. As RedHatterB said, you could try dyeing them, or coloring; but the spot will still be obvious. I think I would be inclined to take them outside, put a diluted mixture of bleach and water in a spray bottle, and carefuly spray them until I had a variety of bleached areas, then (after washing), overdye them with a different color, (or even blue) to make it all look deliberate!

If you do spray a bleach solution, watch out for splashing, and don't spray them anywhere where drips or overspray would harm anything.

Why don't you tie dye the pair of jeans?

Maybe you could find a "Patch" with flowers, design, or a pet you like and sew it over the bleached spot. Of course it depends on where the bleached spot is on the pants.

Use indelible magic markers. Had a rug in an apartment that got bleach spot" sprinkles". I used Artex fabric paints and did not ever see the spots again.

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Home and Garden Repair ClothingFebruary 18, 2011
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans