3 Meat Pasta Sauce (Freezer Meal)

Cynthia Smith

Say goodbye to generic jarred pasta sauces and experience your own restaurant quality meaty pasta sauce any day of the week. Prepare large batches in advance, freeze and enjoy with every pasta meal.

• 1 lb. of ground beef
  • 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
  • 1 cup of chopped onion
  • 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes
  • 2 cans (6 oz. each) of tomato paste
  • 3 cups of water
  • 2 jars (4 1/2 ounces each) of sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 cup of chopped pepperoni
  • 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (can substitute oregano, basil and parsley)
  • 2 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1 tsp. dries parsley flakes
  • 1 tsp. crushed pepper

Directions:

In a large saucepan (Dutch oven), cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Drain the excess fat. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, mushrooms, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Cool the sauce before freezing in serving sized portions.

To use the frozen spaghetti sauce, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, heat it in a saucepan and serve it over your favorite dish.

This recipe yields 11 1/2 cups of sauce.

I'm confused. I only count two meats. beef and sausage. Did I miss one? It sounds good though. What would you freeze it in though besides a freezer bag? I wouldn't like to use a hard plastic container because it would stain and there is still room for a little air. thanks for the tip

TC in MO

Sorry, I see now...pepperoni is the third meat. Dopey me.

TC in MO

The 3 lb. butter bowls are good to freeze stuff in. I use them all the time for leftover cabbage rolls, stuffed peppers or sauce. If the bowl gets a little stained you can use a little bleach in your dishwater and it comes out clean.

Make sure that the sauce is cool before you freeze it or the freezer bag WILL EXPLODE!! I had this happen to me and it isn't fun cleaning up frozen sauce out of the freezer!

This is why I don't use freezer bags anymore I use the 3 lb. butter bowls. Saves money on bags too!

Freezer Meal Dinner
Freezer Meal Dinner Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesMay 1, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
plate of spaghetti and meat sauce
Mazette Sauce Recipes
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
🎉
🎄