Cleaning a Gas Dryer Vent

Who do I call to clean out the vent from my gas dryer to the outside of the house? I can't do it myself as the dryer is in the middle of the house and the vent runs the length of the family room above the ceiling to the outside of the house. WHO does that sort of work? Thanks for any tips. I really need to have this done and have been postponing it for a long enough time that I'm nervous using it!

Mary Jo from St. Paul, Minnesota

What about a company that cleans furnace and air conditioning duct work? They have the equipment needed for the job.

Call Dryer Vent Wizard 866-498-7233. They are the best.

I had the furnace duct cleaners in before I put my house on the market. I had them clean out my dryer vent while they were at it. It only cost me another $10 (on top of the furnace cleaning). Well worth the peace of mind, considering that the number one cause of house fires is the dryer. It was also another feature I could point out to potential buyers!

Even though we live in Central Florida, we still have a fireplace we use during the coolest months. We have our chimney cleaned once a year, and he also does the dryer vent. You might try a chimney sweep!

You need to call an appliance tech to do this. Most of them (at least my husband does) has a special device he uses that goes up into the vent system to clean it out without tearing the internal venting ducts. The best way to keep your vent clean it to clean the trap out of the dryer itself before and/or after every use.

Clothes Dryer
Cleaning a Dryer Vent
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 24, 2007
Floor Air Vent
Removing Urine Odors From an Air Vent
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Dryer Vent Snowman
Making a Dryer Vent Snowman
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips