Cleaning Up Spilled Bleach

How you clean up a bleach spill will depend in large part on where it was spilled. This is a guide about cleaning up spilled bleach.

Bleach Bottle
Filter Sort

Question: Cleaning Up Spilled Bleach

My daughter spilled a quart of Clorox bleach on her car seat. What can be done to absorb the strong order?

Mike from Colleyville, TX Editor's Note: Mixing bleach with other compounds can create toxic fumes, especially vinegar and ammonia. Always use caution, common sense and read the package contents and warnings before proceeding. Here is a link from the with more information:

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I was under the impression that the bleach had spilled on the seat of a car, not a child's removeable seat. It does seem the best solution would be to flood the seat with water many times to dilute/remove the bleach from the seat fabric and padding. That is a problem! Do you have a wet/dry shop vac that you could use to suck up the water if you tried this? Does anyone know if there is a dry chemical or product that would neutralize the bleach instead of using water? I barely passed my chemistry class in high school many years ago so I'm no help there. LOL This sounds like a tough one and I wish you the best of luck in solving it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Spilled Bleach on Laminate Flooring

Bleach was sitting on the top of my dryer. When the washer was spinning it fell to the floor and the cap flew off. It spilled about half of a 1/2 gal bottle. I sopped it up and then washed it with soap and water. Then I dried it with dry towels. Is there anything else I can do?

By Sue

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I would suspect that you have done all that can be done, and hopefully, if you acted quickly, it will have been enough. I would agree that you should try the manufacturers website to see if they have additional advice. If the flooring does not discolour, than you should be alright.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Up Spilled Clorox

What do you recommend to clean-up a large spill of Clorox bleach on a concrete garage floor?

By Larry from Clermont, FL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 19, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Bleach Stains
Dyeing Fabric to Cover a Bleach Stain
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 8:49:46 AM on 10.0.0.67 in 834 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings