How you clean up a bleach spill will depend in large part on where it was spilled. This is a guide about cleaning up spilled bleach.
Bleach was sitting on the top of my dryer. When the washer was spinning it fell to the floor and the cap flew off. It spilled about half of a 1/2 gal bottle. I sopped it up and then washed it with soap and water. Then I dried it with dry towels. Is there anything else I can do?
I checked online and found this in answers.com:
Can bleach damage laminate flooring?
Yes. Even soap-based cleaners can damage laminate flooring. If you do need to clean laminate, use either a laminate-specific cleaner or a weak vinegar solution (4 parts water to 1 part vinegar) and dry the wet areas ASAP after mopping. If possible, use a spray bottle and wipe as you go.
Also, you might consider calling a local laminate flooring company and ask for their advice.
I would suspect that you have done all that can be done, and hopefully, if you acted quickly, it will have been enough. I would agree that you should try the manufacturers website to see if they have additional advice. If the flooring does not discolour, than you should be alright.
My daughter spilled a quart of Clorox bleach on her car seat. What can be done to absorb the strong order?
Mike from Colleyville, TX Editor's Note: Mixing bleach with other compounds can create toxic fumes, especially vinegar and ammonia. Always use caution, common sense and read the package contents and warnings before proceeding. Here is a link from the with more information:
I was under the impression that the bleach had spilled on the seat of a car, not a child's removeable seat. It does seem the best solution would be to flood the seat with water many times to dilute/remove the bleach from the seat fabric and padding. That is a problem! Do you have a wet/dry shop vac that you could use to suck up the water if you tried this? Does anyone know if there is a dry chemical or product that would neutralize the bleach instead of using water? I barely passed my chemistry class in high school many years ago so I'm no help there. LOL This sounds like a tough one and I wish you the best of luck in solving it!
First, keep bleach well away from a child-it is dangerous! The remove the carseat and throughly wash it with the hose. Soak it over and over. The odor should come out as the bleach is washed out of the padding, etc. Let the carseat dry in the sun, which could take a few days so you will need a back-up seat.
The seat may need to be replaced. Bleach can melt some plastice and foams. The chemical reaction causes toxic gases to be released. If nothing else, replace the seat cover. Most of them can be removed to be washed.