Spilled Bleach on Laminate Flooring?

Bleach was sitting on the top of my dryer. When the washer was spinning it fell to the floor and the cap flew off. It spilled about half of a 1/2 gal bottle. I sopped it up and then washed it with soap and water. Then I dried it with dry towels. Is there anything else I can do?

By Sue

I checked online and found this in answers.com:

Can bleach damage laminate flooring?
Yes. Even soap-based cleaners can damage laminate flooring. If you do need to clean laminate, use either a laminate-specific cleaner or a weak vinegar solution (4 parts water to 1 part vinegar) and dry the wet areas ASAP after mopping. If possible, use a spray bottle and wipe as you go.

Also, you might consider calling a local laminate flooring company and ask for their advice.

I would suspect that you have done all that can be done, and hopefully, if you acted quickly, it will have been enough. I would agree that you should try the manufacturers website to see if they have additional advice. If the flooring does not discolour, than you should be alright.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceDecember 21, 2014
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Spilled-Bleach-on-Laminate-Flooring.html