Bleach Stained the Shower

I have been using pure bleach on my shower stall floor and have noticed a discoloration. I have to use pure bleach and allow to stand for 10 minutes since my foot doctor said so. I have plantar warts and do this so I don't spread them to my husband's feet.

What can I do to remove the discoloration? I used Kaboom, the foam kind and the stains are still there. It's like the stain is embedded into the shower floor. Any suggestions?

By Cynthia from NJ

The bleach hasn't stained the shower floor, it has permently bleached/lightened it. There is no way to 'get it out.' Your doctor probably assumed that you had a white porcelain tub and shower, where this would not be a problem, and left it to your discretion if this was not the case.

I would saturate the floor with hydrogen peroxide. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off well...Peroxide removed the discoloration from my tub floor.

This is not addressing your shower problem-rather the planter warts on your foot. The Dr could have given you a very easy way to get rid of the warts (and the resulting pain) and that would solve your problem. The way to get rid of the warts is to cover them with duck tape for 7 days. when you remove it the warts will stick to the tape and the problem is solved. If for some reason all the warts do not stick to the tape then apply more duct tape for another 7 days. I have used this, as well as other members of my family and only one time have I seen the second application of tape needed.

August 13, 2010 Flag

I cleaned the shower with bleach and left it on too long. Now I can't get the stain off. I tried vinegar and bicarbonate of soda. Then scrubbed with bleach again. It was a no go. Can anyone help?

By Jo T.

Bleach Stained the Shower

Use peroxide, it works. Good luck. (10/25/2009)

By kffrmw88

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 13, 2010
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure