2 Year Old Dog Has Started Peeing in the House

I have a 2 year old male dog that has started peeing in the house. I've talked very straight to him; he hides when I yell at him. I don't know what do. Please help.

By Janie S.

Try letting him out more often. He may be upset with you or another animal in the house?....etc. He may be marking his territory for multiple reasons.

He needs to be checked for a urinary infection.

When you correct him, be sure you correct him in a normal tone of voice. If you shout he is frightened and will not get the message. You need to verbally correct him within 10 seconds of the offense, or he will not connect it to what has happened, and again he will be frightened and/or confused, and will not get the message. Do check for a urinary tract infection; and be sure to clean and deoderize the accident (Natures Miracle enzymatic cleaner) Check to see what has changed that may be upsetting him (new dog next door, new baby, new boyfriend etc) If it can be changed, change it. Otherwise make sure he gets lots of your attention and more exercise, and plenty of trips outside. Good luck!

If your dog is not neutered and not a valid reason that he is not, have him neutered. I also agree with the other people that have responded to your concern.

From what I've read dogs "live in the here and now", and yelling, especially after the accident's discovered is counter productive because they don't know why we're yelling. I agree with the others, rule out a physical problem, an emotional problem, and then I would begin house breaking all over again. Supervised trips outside and lots of praise when he does the appropriate job. P.S. He's beautiful!

Any sudden changes in a dog's behavior should be checked out by a vet immediately. My little Pomeranian started urinating everywhere. Took her to the vet and I found out she was full of kidney stones, over 21 in her bladder. Scolding your dog will make the situation worse by adding stress which your dog doesn't need if he is sick. It is worth every penny to have your dog checked out.

Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Pets Dogs House TrainingJuly 13, 2011
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎉
🎄