Using Frozen Tomatoes for Canning Salsa

My husband and I have a garden. We always plant way too many tomatoes, so we freeze them whole. My husband wants me to make some salsa and can it. My question is, are my tomatoes going to be good to use as they have been frozen?

By Jennifer from TN

I sure don't see why not. Many recipes that I have for salsa call for using canned tomatoes.

The only problem I can see is that they might be really watery and have lost some of their flavor but as long as you are not expecting chunky salsa you can compensate with adjusting recipe flavor ingredients.

I think it would be fine, especially if you are making cooked salsa.

I have the same problem with my garden. Not enough tomatoes to can but too many to eat fresh.