Use Plastic Wrap to Remove Sticky Labels

To remove stickers or other "sticky" types of labels from hard surfaces, wet the sticker or label with water, then cover it with a piece of plastic wrap. Smooth down the plastic wrap the best you can, to remove air bubbles, and then let it sit for a while. Take off the plastic wrap, and you should be able to remove the sticker or label easily.

A coworker said that her daughter told her about this trick, and I really doubted that it would work. But honestly, it works like a charm! This is great for those of us who sometimes find "treasures" in thrift stores or at garage sales. :) No more need for rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, etc. to remove sticky labels!

By Evan's"mama" from WI

Thanks for sharing your great idea!

I will surely try that method for removing stubborn labels that will not come off using the hair dryer method. Whenever I purchase a plastic container or anything that has a label stuck to it, I use the hairdrayer to heat the label and it will usually pull off easily and not leave a sticky spot.

I remove my sticky items with WD40 BUT I like your idea also.

Roll of Plastic Wrap
Uses for Plastic Wrap
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 22, 2009
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap
🎉
🎄