Use Microwave to Help Remove RX Labels

After many times of trying to remove labels from empty pill bottles to remove my identity from them before discarding them, I hit on a new way tonight. I was standing at my kitchen sink, next to the microwave. I filled my empty pill bottle with water, sat it in the microwave, heated the water in the micro for a few seconds or minutes. I removed the bottle from the microwave, dumped the water out and just like that the label peeled right off that bottle. No more struggling with labels for me.

By Arlene from Lancaster, PA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I discard many bottles every month, and remove the labels with my fingernails. NO MORE! Hurray! I wouldn't have thought of this!

This is a great idea. I like to keep the bigger RX bottles to put little items in them for storage, like my sewing things. Pins, needles, paper clips, and items like that. I always try to take the labels off of them. This will make it a lot easier to remove them. Thanks for the good idea, Arlene.

No electricity version:

Vegetable oil or baby oil works to remove the stickiness, without wasting electricity. Peel off what you can and then wipe or spray on the oil, let it soak in for 15 mins or so, then peel.

All medication bottles are recyclable too. They are either #1 or #2 plastic and can be recycled anywhere, even your recycle box from your trash service.

A hairdryer works great, too! That's what I use to get the labels off prescription bottles. I also use it for getting price stickers off packages and books.

Another way to remove lables from med bottles or just about anything is use a blow dryer and heat the lable up for a few seconds, then remove them.

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJune 23, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 4:22:18 PM on 10.0.1.97 in 851 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.