Crayon on a Chalkboard

Does anyone know how to get crayon off of a chalkboard?

By kateh09 from Gainesville, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would try a heat gun & paper towels, if you don't have one try a hot blow dryer. Also, as a last resort, try fingernail polish remover & paper towels.

Jubilee is a kitchen wax product - sort of a cream that is white colored. It will remove crayon from walls, etc. quite well. My mother had to do this after one of my sisters colored a wall in our new house as a child. I think it is still made. If you can't find it you might look for another waxing cleaner as that is what crayons are mostly made of anyway.

Warm iron over a cloth like as undershirt should absorb crayon.

The answer is actually probably Mr. Clean bricks. So far I have never come up against something they wouldn't handle. I would steer clear of acetone or polish remover; it eats about anything. You can still get Jubilee-it now comes in a spray form.

Another way that might work is try keeping the chalkboard in the sun, when the wax from the crayon gets hot enough you might be able to just wipe it off the board.

GooGone

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 13, 2009
Dry Erase Markers on White Background
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Chalk Board
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:17:12 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.