Selling Vintage Encyclopedia Sets

I have 2 sets of encyclopedias and I'm trying to find out how much they are worth. One is a Funk and Wagnalls' Universal Standard. It is a 25 volume set from 1954-55 the second one is a 12 volume Popular Mechanics do it yourself, 1st edition, from 1955. I am looking to get rid of them, but I don't want to cheat myself or anyone else. Thanks.

By B Sheftic

There is a 25 volume set of Funk & Wagnell's from 1959 selling on Ebay for $89.95. This could be a starting place for pricing your books.

I am sorry to say that your chances of selling these sets is probably zero. The information is outdated and they are not nearly old enough to be collectors items. Even if they were they wouldn't bring much. Librarys won't take them. I know because I tried to get rid of my parent's set. I put them in the trash. If you live in an area where this is allowed. put them in a box marked "free" and set them on your curb. If they are not gone in three days put them in the trash.

I had some 1932 encyclopedias that my mother used to teach with and when I tried to sell them in the 70's, I could not get anything out of them at all. It even showed the first tv in it. I hope you have better luck.