Used Tea in the Garden

I know that you can use eggshells and coffee grounds in the ground, can you also use tea leaves?

By Sally from Crawford, NE

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Here's a good link but be sure to read the ThriftyFun archived answers by scrolling down from this post before going to this link :-)

http://ezineart  s&id=3243091

Absolutely, I mix egg shells, crushed, & dried tea leaves on just about anything that blooms. Work it into the soil.

December 7, 2009 Flag

I knew that used tea leaves could be used to enrich garden soil. It finally occurred to me that I did not have to tear open all the tea bags, but just bury them in the garden as is and they will decompose.

Source: general knowledge about amending the soil

By Patty from Sanibel, FL

Answers:

Bury Used Tea Bags In Garden

You don't even need to bury them, just throw them on the surface and they rot down brilliantly. I use them around camellias and other ericacaeous plants. (01/03/2008)

By Myrtle May

Bury Used Tea Bags In Garden

I just toss mine in the compost pile with everything else (make sure there are no metal staples in the bags first). When I have leftover tea that someone hasn't finished, I use it to water my plants. It really seems to perk them up. (01/05/2008)

By susanmajp

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden GardeningDecember 7, 2009
Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:39:39 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.