Used Tea in the Garden

I know that you can use eggshells and coffee grounds in the ground, can you also use tea leaves?

By Sally from Crawford, NE

Here's a good link but be sure to read the ThriftyFun archived answers by scrolling down from this post before going to this link :-)

http://ezinearticles.com/?Composting-Tea-Leaves-and-Teabags&id=3243091

Absolutely, I mix egg shells, crushed, & dried tea leaves on just about anything that blooms. Work it into the soil.

December 7, 2009 Flag

I knew that used tea leaves could be used to enrich garden soil. It finally occurred to me that I did not have to tear open all the tea bags, but just bury them in the garden as is and they will decompose.

Source: general knowledge about amending the soil

By Patty from Sanibel, FL

Answers:

Bury Used Tea Bags In Garden

You don't even need to bury them, just throw them on the surface and they rot down brilliantly. I use them around camellias and other ericacaeous plants. (01/03/2008)

By Myrtle May

Bury Used Tea Bags In Garden

I just toss mine in the compost pile with everything else (make sure there are no metal staples in the bags first). When I have leftover tea that someone hasn't finished, I use it to water my plants. It really seems to perk them up. (01/05/2008)

By susanmajp

Home and Garden GardeningDecember 7, 2009
Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🎄
🍂