Wrinkled Polyester Pants

I have a pair of polyester pants that were overheated in the dryer, now I can not remove the wrinkles. I have tried re-washing them and ironing them but I can not get the wrinkles out.

Karen B from Alpena, MI

My mother finally ended up taking hers to the dry cleaners and having them pressed. That seemed to do the trick! Mitzi

Try vinegar. Just light spritz the pants with full-strength white vinegar and iron.

It will smell pretty bad while you're doing it, but it should work.

My grandmother taught me this trick to remove the hemline when lenghthening a pair of pants.

What my mom taught me to do in a case such as this is to wet a towel or face cloth, put it over the piece in sections of the slacks as it is needed, and viola, the wet cloth "steams" out the wrinkles. But make sure to have the towel or cloth very wet and hold the iron on it for as long as it takes to release the wrinkle. Vinegar too is a good way to do this also! Good Luck!