Removing Water Marks from Stainless Steel Dishwasher Front

My dishwasher front is Stainless Steel and has these streaks that do not come out with the stainless cleaner I bought. Does anyone know how to get rid of these water marks?

Karen from Coral Springs, Florida

Best Answer

Don't bother with the fancy stainless steel cleaners, try a vinegar solution instead, about 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, spray on, wipe off with soft cloth! Should do the trick!

Sorry did not work for me, I did it twice

Today I found a long sticky streak under the water dispenser on my brand new LG fridge...I freaked! Tried everything that is recommended on blogs. Then I remembered I have a bottle of NOXON 7 METAL POLISH. It cleans and shines stainless steel, aluminum, chrome, pewter, brass, bronze and copper. I picked this up at the grocery store to clean water spots from the polished brass Grohe fixtures in our shower. Bingo!! Works like a charm!

yep me too...did not work!

My dishwasher had rust stains and water stains so the web said to use baking soda and water and that has near solved both problems!!

I had both rust and water stains....use baking soda mixed with water and rub in direction of grain...works really well!!

Not a fix. Wasted time

Not a fix. Wasted time

Baking soda does the trick. Finally got ride of the water marks on my fridge. Have not tried it, but Cameo would probably do the same.

I had a big water mark down the front of my stainless steel dishwasher. I tried everything. Finally I sprayed it with stainless cleaner and used a mister clean sponge...boom....GONE. try it....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Noxon 7 Metal Polish solution. It is the ONLY thing that has worked! I tried it today and my long hard water drips stains are gone. They have been driving me crazy. It may sound silly, but I'm very happy I don't have to worry about that any more.

Didn't work for me either....

Best Answer

Spray with WD40 and wipe with dry cloth. I learned this while working at a laundermat. We had to do this on the big triple loader washers.

OMG that's it! It worked beautifully. Thank you. Dyana

I just tried it and it worked. Thanks.

WD 40 did the trick !!!!

Best Answer

You can use lemon oil that is used for furniture polish and any stainless steel sink or appliance, as well as, shower doors and faucets. Rub on and buff with a clean dry lint free cloth.

Best Answer

OMB - i used olive oil today on my dishwasher front, refrigerator front, stove front and microwave front and wow - THEY LOOK GREAT! just put a little on a dry, lint free cloth and rub.

Best Answer

I had stubborn stains on my stainless steel appliances. No matter what I tried the marks and streaks stayed put. I came on here and used the vinegar tip. I used a much stronger solution on a paper towel and then wiped clean immediately. It took 3 wipings but it came out nicely. Then I took WD-40. Wow! My appliances have never looked better. Thanks for the tips. These actually work!!

Viniger does not work to take out water streaks.... It cleans and polishes the stainless nicely but the water streaks remain...?

Thank you. It worked beautifully

I will try the WD40 & let you know.... I can't believe how terrible the refrigerator looks..... It's horrible that they just don't say to use this if it actually works. I am afraid it will make it worse....

Did the WD40 work?

Best Answer

No. I tried them all, the thing that finally worked well was a magic eraser (several times) followed by washing with warm soapy water

Best Answer

Horrible hard water stains from our well water. Tried vinegar/water mix, olive oil, WD40 - all provided minimal help. Silver polish (just the cheap stuff you buy at Walmart for your silver serving dishes) did wonders! Our refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and sink all look brand new off the showroom floor!

Best Answer

I just used a "Grate Chef" wipe that someone had given me, and it worked to take off a water drip stain that was driving me crazy! I had used several other methods, sprays and wipes, and nothing worked. They are sold at Home Depot and Lowes and are not very expensive.

I was so excited to read about the vinegar or olive oil "fix" for cleaning water drip spots from the front of my stainless steel dishwasher. My husband managed to make this mess while I was gone for several weeks taking care of the grandkids. I have tried both, and the olive oil minimizes the problem slightly, but I can still see the drip marks. Any more ideas for me to try?

Bar keepers friend works great.

Barkeepers Friend works miracles!

Barkeepers Friend!

Ok. Here is the best and easiest way I have found to get those water stains off my stainless steel appliances. I have been trying everything that I read and I found that none of them have worked. I went to the store to find Barkeepers Friend, because it was also recommended, but the store didn't have it. What it did have saved my appliances! Both products are made by Weiman. The first one I used was the Metal Polish. Worked like a dream! The stains came right off (and I have been fighting them for 2 years!) next I used the Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish (this one I already had, but it just cleans finger prints etc. not water stains). The cleaner cleaned up the Polish residue. That is it. So simple. I know it is not some special concoction, but it works perfectly. Enjoy your stainless steel again, I am!

Ok took me an hour, used silver polish and then used the water and vinegar mixture. The silver polish was a bear to try and rub off so the mixture helped with that. Get ready if the water stains have been on there for awhile. It will take more than one polishing and alot of rubbing. Good luck, but I did get mine out.

I tried everything including Bar Keeper's friend and nothing worked. Finally, I stopped in a hardware store and they recommended Brasso Metal Polish. This did the trick! It has a very fine abrasive, so be sure to rub in the direction of the grain and be prepared to use a little elbow grease. It completely removed the drip marks from the front of my stainless steel fridge!

I had stains that looked like water drip tracks. I tried rubbing alcohol and vinegar, neither of which worked. Then I tried silver polish--I found a very old, cheap bottle among my cleaning supplies. I just tried it and then used stainless steal cleaner to clean off the residue. It worked amazingly well!

It's very easy. Just wipe it down with a wet Magic Eraser and then wipe it down again with a plain wet rag to remove any chemicals from the Magic Eraser. It works like a charm!

Wow Lori. Tried the vinegar and a couple other things. Magic Eraser did the trick. Simple, effective, and very inexpensive. Thanks.

I love the magic eraser trick. I had accidentally dripped granite sealer on s/s dishwasher front. This worked like a charm. Many thanks for tip

I used Magic eraser and it works fine; I had so scrub a bit but after a couple shots I obtained a very good result

Thanks to Lori

After reading tons of suggestions, one of the most common was to use glasstop stove cleaner. Since I have a glasstop stove and cleaner I tried it. It worked like a charm!!!

After having already tried many of the posted solutions, I was struck by the suggestion of metal polish. So I went to the garage to see what I had. The closest possibility was car polish (Scratch Doctor by NuFinish) and WOW did that work! Those nasty drip marks that had persisted through all my other cleaning attempts are now gone, gone gone! I followed with water on a microfiber cloth, then buffed lightly with a dry cloth. Should mention that silver polish might work, too, as my rag had that same gray/black residue after polishing that you see when you clean sterling with silver polish.

WD40. It removes smudges, finger prints and, yes, water spots. The stuff is amazing. I don't use anything else.

I used WD40, a maintenance man's best fiend-it works!

Tried everything - silver polish is the answer!! Worked GREAT & didn't require much elbow grease at all!!!

I came back to this thread because the suggestions on here really worked. I had rust and set in hard water stains on my stainless steel dishwasher and fridge from YEARS of neglect from myself and kids. I tried stainless steel polish, soap and water, diluted vinegar, full strength vinegar but nothing worked. After reading this thread I remembered that I had barkeeepers helper, I whipped that out and it worked beautifully!! For set in stains it will definitely require some elbow grease, but the results are worth it. I soaked a sponge in water and sprinkled a generous amount of barkeeepers directly on the sponge, then began scrubbing. Wiped everything off with a terry cloth towel. Worked like magic.

Silver polish worked like a charm - perfect result in one try. Thanks for the help!

I had tried to no avail to remove finger prints/ water marks, etc...to the point where I decided I absolutely HATED my stainless steel appliances....Tried the magic eraser...it think it made it worse...Tried the WD-40!!! Freaking amazing! Thanks for that tip!

Simple, purchase an enyo stainless steel cloth and this problem is solved for ever. Takes seconds and stainless steel is restored to new.

Having read all the answers and having the same problem I realized I have mineral oil. I put mineral oil on a paper towel (Bounty) and wiped the dishwasher with the grain. All streaks are gone, it looks perfect, like new. Had bought the mineral oil from Walmart.

I was reading all the tips and had Goddard's silver dip,,,it worked great!!

I have to agree that the metal polish worked like a charm! I tried the Magic Eraser but all that did was leave marks on my dishwasher. I was so amazed that I cleaned my whole fridge and it looks beautiful! As Peggy mentioned there was gray/black residue as I cleaned. Well worth the time! Thanks!

I can't believe it, WD40 wiped our stainless steel dish washer door clean in one wipe. I have been trying all the other suggestions with no success. Fantastic, thank you for the tip.

I had a 12 inch long water drip mark down the front of my dishwasher. I tried everything possible...vinegar, ammonia, stainless steel cleaners and silver polish! Nothing worked and I was about to give up! Then I tried Barkeepers Friend Cooktop Cleaner. I applied it with my fingertip and rubbed it in the water drip and much to my surprise when I buffed it out the drip was gone! I then followed it with Weiman stainless steel cleaner. My dishwasher looks brand-new!

I just used WD40 and it immediately took the water stains off and made my appliances shiny like the Weiman I have been using never has..!!

Holy cow!! Have all stainless appliances and ran across this post!! I have been breaking my back trying to keep clean and remove water spots. Was gonna try WD40 and discovered its in my husband's toolbox.. And he's gone! So figured the oil in this must be key. I found Old English lemon oil.. Hallelujah!! Worked perfectly!! Few drops on a paper towel, wiping in direction of grain... Done! Looks like new!! No kidding!

I used a soft cloth with CLR with the direction of the grain , it worked good.

Hi

I been trying for years to find a solution to this and tried all manner of different ideas posted on here and finally I have found it Steel polish does the trick gets rid end off...... Apply with a damp cloth rub with the grain use another damp cloth to remove and then buff it up with a dry lint free cloth and hey presto you should be able to see your face in it.... Well it worked for me anyway..:-):-):-)

My wife used Bon-ami. She made a paste with it and it took off the white calcium water stains and then we used stainless steel wipes and it worked awesomely! We tried WD-40 but that didn't work at all even after 3 attempts.

Use Olive..Works nice

The WD 40 worked fantastic for me. Even on my dishwasher which I didn't think would ever be clear of water stains again. Didn't even take much elbow grease. Just wiped it on, buffed it dry with a shammy. Thanks so much for the tip!!!!!!!!!!

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 13, 2008
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎉
🎄