Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Water Marks from Stainless Steel Dishwasher Front

0EmailPrintFollowSave

My dishwasher front is Stainless Steel and has these streaks that do not come out with the stainless cleaner I bought. Does anyone know how to get rid of these water marks?

Karen from Coral Springs, Florida

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Debbie (Guest Post) 02/13/2008 Flag

Don't bother with the fancy stainless steel cleaners, try a vinegar solution instead, about 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, spray on, wipe off with soft cloth! Should do the trick!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rose Mary (Guest Post) 02/13/2008 Flag

Spray with WD40 and wipe with dry cloth. I learned this while working at a laundermat. We had to do this on the big triple loader washers.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dakota (Guest Post) 02/13/2008 Flag

You can use lemon oil that is used for furniture polish and any stainless steel sink or appliance, as well as, shower doors and faucets. Rub on and buff with a clean dry lint free cloth.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jan (Guest Post) 03/24/2008 Flag

OMB - i used olive oil today on my dishwasher front, refrigerator front, stove front and microwave front and wow - THEY LOOK GREAT! just put a little on a dry, lint free cloth and rub.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Arizona FAmily (Guest Post) 02/21/2009 Flag

I had stubborn stains on my stainless steel appliances. No matter what I tried the marks and streaks stayed put. I came on here and used the vinegar tip. I used a much stronger solution on a paper towel and then wiped clean immediately. It took 3 wipings but it came out nicely. Then I took WD-40. Wow! My appliances have never looked better. Thanks for the tips. These actually work!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Diana 1 03/16/2009 Flag

I was so excited to read about the vinegar or olive oil "fix" for cleaning water drip spots from the front of my stainless steel dishwasher. My husband managed to make this mess while I was gone for several weeks taking care of the grandkids. I have tried both, and the olive oil minimizes the problem slightly, but I can still see the drip marks. Any more ideas for me to try?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kirsten 1 02/13/2010 Flag

Horrible hard water stains from our well water. Tried vinegar/water mix, olive oil, WD40 - all provided minimal help. Silver polish (just the cheap stuff you buy at Walmart for your silver serving dishes) did wonders! Our refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and sink all look brand new off the showroom floor!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barb 2 09/28/2010 Flag

Barkeepers Friend works miracles!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barb 2 09/28/2010 Flag

Barkeepers Friend!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Suzi 1 01/17/2011 Flag

Ok. Here is the best and easiest way I have found to get those water stains off my stainless steel appliances. I have been trying everything that I read and I found that none of them have worked. I went to the store to find Barkeepers Friend, because it was also recommended, but the store didn't have it. What it did have saved my appliances! Both products are made by Weiman. The first one I used was the Metal Polish. Worked like a dream! The stains came right off (and I have been fighting them for 2 years!) next I used the Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish (this one I already had, but it just cleans finger prints etc. not water stains). The cleaner cleaned up the Polish residue. That is it. So simple. I know it is not some special concoction, but it works perfectly. Enjoy your stainless steel again, I am!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan M. 1 01/06/2014 Flag

Ok took me an hour, used silver polish and then used the water and vinegar mixture. The silver polish was a bear to try and rub off so the mixture helped with that. Get ready if the water stains have been on there for awhile. It will take more than one polishing and alot of rubbing. Good luck, but I did get mine out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By swancm 1 03/01/2014 Flag

I tried everything including Bar Keeper's friend and nothing worked. Finally, I stopped in a hardware store and they recommended Brasso Metal Polish. This did the trick! It has a very fine abrasive, so be sure to rub in the direction of the grain and be prepared to use a little elbow grease. It completely removed the drip marks from the front of my stainless steel fridge!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lenny K. 1 05/11/2014 Flag

I had stains that looked like water drip tracks. I tried rubbing alcohol and vinegar, neither of which worked. Then I tried silver polish--I found a very old, cheap bottle among my cleaning supplies. I just tried it and then used stainless steal cleaner to clean off the residue. It worked amazingly well!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lori L. F. 1 12/30/2014 Flag

It's very easy. Just wipe it down with a wet Magic Eraser and then wipe it down again with a plain wet rag to remove any chemicals from the Magic Eraser. It works like a charm!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By robanns 1 04/24/2015 Flag

I have the same problem. Did you get an anwer that worked?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Michel B 2 08/01/2015 Flag

I used Magic eraser and it works fine; I had so scrub a bit but after a couple shots I obtained a very good result
Thanks to Lori

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Michel B 2 08/01/2015 Flag

I used magic eraser an it worked fine; I had to scrub a bit but after a couple shots it came out clean

Thanks to Lori.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara R. 1 09/05/2015 Flag

After reading tons of suggestions, one of the most common was to use glasstop stove cleaner. Since I have a glasstop stove and cleaner I tried it. It worked like a charm!!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Peggy Doyle O. 1 09/29/2015 Flag

After having already tried many of the posted solutions, I was struck by the suggestion of metal polish. So I went to the garage to see what I had. The closest possibility was car polish (Scratch Doctor by NuFinish) and WOW did that work! Those nasty drip marks that had persisted through all my other cleaning attempts are now gone, gone gone! I followed with water on a microfiber cloth, then buffed lightly with a dry cloth. Should mention that silver polish might work, too, as my rag had that same gray/black residue after polishing that you see when you clean sterling with silver polish.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By VictoriaH55828401 1 10/10/2015 Flag

WD40. It removes smudges, finger prints and, yes, water spots. The stuff is amazing. I don't use anything else.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes