Cleaning Streaks on a Dishwasher?

I have tried many things to get the streaks off my dishwasher. Any ideas?

These are hard water deposits. Run an empty dishwasher with vinegar instead of detergent

Inside or out? If it is inside, mix a little water with a cleaner called bar keepers friend to form a paste and let it sit on the stain for a minute. Scrub then rinse.
Use ammonia (or Windex) on the outside followed by alcohol. Turtle wax(for vehicles) comes in handy helping keep it clean and shiny with no water spots.

it might be time to run a wash through with no dishes but yes vinegar or other cleaning agent. Also you might check the trap make sure there's no food residues

It sounds like you want to clean the outside of your dishwasher. I use a car wax on mine that resists water and streaks. Works wonders. You can choose any brand you want.

Inside or out? What is the material of the outside...stainless steel etc.

How you clean depends on the materials as some things make things worse.

Like if it is the outside and it is stainless steel, you can try a white cloth with a few drops of vinegar and wipe with the grain of the steel. (TEST IT FIRST IN AN INCONSPICUOUS SPOT...I learned the hard way that my appliance I thought was real stainless steel wasn't and did some damage when trying to clean it--it was my bad and being naive when listening to the sales pitch...I only heard what I wanted to hear).

You can always google the brand and ask their customer service what they recommend. I am a big fan of calling and asking for help!!

Good luck!

Since you say "off my dishwasher" I am assuming you mean the outside and most of the time it is stainless steel that has all those streaks.

• There are countless ways that have been recommended to remove those streaks but since this question is asked many times on ThriftyFun then it seems to reason the answers given in the past would be of benefit to you. So as not to just repeat what others have said; read some of these suggestions and see if any will help you with your problem.
  • www.thriftyfun.com/tf55877034.tip.html
  • Just in case you wish to do a thorough cleaning of the inside, this is the very best suggestion I could find (this works for me and keeps everything clean).
  • www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-clean-your-dishwasher-in-3...

I have solved my problem of streaks on the outside of my stainless steel dishwasher. Tried lots of things! WD 40 worked like magic! Also used it under my grates on my stainless cooktop. Looks fabulous! Thanks for this idea.

I get streaks a lot on the outside of my frig, from getting ice out of the dispenser, which sometimes we accidentally push our glass on the water dispenser, and there go the streaks down the front of the just polished door.

All I do to remove them is take some bottled water (which is acidic) and a clean soft cloth, and wet down the cloth, and wipe in the direction of the "grain" of the stainless.

Sometimes there's light splashes from our drinks too, from getting ice out of the front dispenser when there's already milk or juice in our glasses, and then when the cubes hit the juice or milk, it splashes on the stainless too. That's when I just take and add a tiny bit of liquid detergent to the cloth with the bottled water, then I get the front of the frig all soapy, (lightly) and I allow that soap to dry on the outside of the frig.

Then I take another dry clean cloth with baby oil in it, *I keep that oily rag in a baggie*, and I don't wash off the soap film (that I allowed to make a dry film on the frig) I just start wiping down the fright with that (the oily rag), and no more streaks, just a great shine.

Anonymous

I used Comet soft cleaner on my stainless steel dishwasher. The hardwater drip line came off! Make sure it is the soft cleaner and not the Comet powder.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesAugust 3, 2018
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Streaks-on-a-Dishwasher.html