Garbanzo Bean Cabbage Stew
This is a very simple stew to make and is so yummy! It is also an inexpensive meal.
- Polish sausage
- 2 small (or 1 large) head of cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Quarter cabbage, remove hard stem, and cut up. Set aside.
- Slice sausage and brown it in Dutch oven or other large pot. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Chop onion and brown in pot until translucent. Add garlic.
- Add sausage back to pot. Add cabbage and garbanzo beans, including liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook, approx. 30 minutes, until cabbage is done. Stir occasionally.
By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Can red cabbage be used like green cabbage?
I am going to try this!
Add your voice to the conversation.