Garbanzo Bean Cabbage Stew
This inexpensive, easy to make stew is not only filling it is absolutely delicious. This is a guide about garbanzo bean cabbage stew.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a very simple stew to make and is so yummy! It is also an inexpensive meal.
- Polish sausage
- 2 small (or 1 large) head of cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Quarter cabbage, remove hard stem, and cut up. Set aside.
- Slice sausage and brown it in Dutch oven or other large pot. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Chop onion and brown in pot until translucent. Add garlic.
- Add sausage back to pot. Add cabbage and garbanzo beans, including liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook, approx. 30 minutes, until cabbage is done. Stir occasionally.
Servings: approx. 10
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA
October 16, 20120 found this helpful
View this video on making Garbanzo Bean Cabbage Stew.
In This Guide