Mushroom Meat

• 1 package cube steak
  • 1 envelope Lipton's Golden onion soup mix
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can mushrooms (pieces and stems)
  • Ad
  • salt, pepper, flour, oil
  • milk (enough to fill empty cream of mush. soup can)

Salt, pepper, and flour the meat. Brown in hot oil. In the meantime, mix the mushroom soup, mushroom pieces, and milk together in a bowl. This is your gravy. Remove meat and drain skillet. Place meat back in skillet and using 1/2 of the Lipton soup mix, sprinkle on meat. Pour in the gravy. Simmer 45 minutes to 2 hours.

Tips: I usually cut the pieces of meat in half. Sometimes I also use water in place of milk. The other half of the Lipton soup mix I toss in my mashed potatoes as I am whipping them up. Usually I soak the meat in it's package in milk (for tenderness) for a couple hours.

By Alyssa

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Recipes Using Mushrooms
Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsSeptember 30, 2005
Making Mushroom Powder
Making Mushroom Powder
box of Lipton Onion Soup mix
Recipes Using Lipton Soup Mix
broth based mushroom soup
Mushroom Soup Recipes
Mushroom Dip
Mushroom Dip Recipes