"No Peel" Hard Boiled Eggs

I don't know if anybody has tried this already or sent this in. But here's a way to peel your "hard-boiled" eggs all at once. I don't think it works for "soft-boiled". I didn't want to try that, could be very messy.

Anyhow, once you've hard-boiled the eggs in salted water; empty the hot water out of the saucepan, keeping the eggs inside. Add about an inch of cold water to the pot and, holding the lid on, give the pot a few shakes to crack up the egg shells inside. And POOF! Your eggs are peeled, or at least mine were when I tried it. LOL! Good luck to anyone who does this. It really works.

Redskin in Brockville, Ontario, Canada

Here is another method that a friend emailed to me, and it's fun to boot. Kids love it!

Add about 1/2 tsp baking soda to the water when boiling. Boil gently about 12 minutes, drain, and cool enough to handle.

Tap the narrow end of the egg gently and remove a small circle of shell (less than 1/2 inch). Tap the big end and remove a circle about the size of a penny.

Holding the egg wrapped snugly in one fist, (like blowing a horn) and with your other hand positioned to catch it, blow strongly into the small hole, and the entire egg will pop out the other end of the shell, into your waiting hand!

I didn't believe it until I tried it, but it works!

If anybody tries Redskins idea I hope they fare better than I did! My eggs were ruined and in tiny pieces.

This does work. I have been doing it ever since I saw it a long time ago on Rachel Ray's cooking show. Glenn's Mom, maybe you shook them a little bit too hard and/or maybe they were only soft-boiled when you tried it.

I thought that was for getting the egg out of a shell from an egg that hadn't been cooked. I'll have to give it a try for boiled ones.

To peel the hard boiled egg without having a lot of pieces you have to bang the largest end of the egg and then it the outer shell will just peel off. Do not bang the pointed end the larger end has the air and makes it very easy to peel.