Retraining a Previously House Trained Puppy

My puppy has been potty trained for 8 months. We have a new baby at home and the puppy keeps peeing in the new baby's room all the sudden. I know that because the new baby is at home she is trying to get attention, but we give her all the attention we can when the baby is sleeping. I need to know what I can do to stop this because I am tired of cleaning up her pee. Please tell me what I can do.

By Casey from Portsmouth, VA

Answers

The peeing means he is protecting your precious addition. Put a pee pad where he now pees at the baby room door and leave it there so his "marking" stays. Then, gradually inch it closer to the outside door that takes him out to pee. Once outside, he will still pee on it but will eventually lose interest once it gets weathered. Mine did.

Make sure your dog has completely marked the exterior or your home first and praise him for doing so each time he "refreshes" his markings. Don't scold because nothing will make him stop trying to protect the baby. He is using the best method he knows for keeping animal intruders away. Peeing to show this room is protected, not by ADP, but my "the owner of this pee" You are going to have to oxyclean that part of the carpet.

Pets Dogs House TrainingJanuary 15, 2011
Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
House Training an Adult Dog
House Training an Adult Dog
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 9:27:34 AM on 10.0.0.159 in 958 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.