Crocheting Warm Blankets

I love to have thick, warm blankets in the winter, but they are often expensive. So what I did was to have a friend teach me to crochet. At first I could only pick up the single stitch and then learned more a little at a time.

<p>I get most of my yarn in bulk at Wal-mart at Christmas time when they have the bins of huge yarns for sale. I also go to garage sales and find yarn, often by asking if they have any for sale. I make blankets all summer long and then I have winter blankets and I even give them as gifts to my family. They love them more than the store bought. Plus they will always have a handmade gift from the heart from me.

By Veronica1 from Lodi, CA

Have you ever thought of donating your blankets to project linus?

I have crocheted many rugs, I usually go to Op Shops or Garage sales and buy hand knitted jumpers. I then unpick them and wind into skiens, Wash them in wool wash, and start crocheting using three or more colours. I made one with Mohair and it is so warm light and cuddly

Good Luck with your crocheting! There are many sites on the internet which can help you learn more.

Also many groups to join to learn and share with others.

Do you have a very simple blanket pattern for a beginner? If so, I would love to have it. You can email it to me at badgillette @ charter.net (remove spaces) or mail it to me. B. Gillette, 519 Shoretrail Dr., Rockwall, TX 75087.

I would reallly be interested in the pattern for your blankets. I am disabled and that would be a big help getting warm blankets for the winter time. Thank you Jaylene

I would reallly be interested in the pattern for your blankets too. My email address is: DonitaHamlin @ aol.com (remove spaces)

Thank you so much!

I would be interested in your patterns for these crocheted blankets~

If you wouldn't mind sharing them with me~

khanilea @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

Thank You!

Connie

I'd be interested in the pattern for blankets also. My e-mail address is contor66 @ hotmail.com (remove spaces)

Thanks

I would love to learn to crochet and what a great way to start i would dearly love your pattern P/S thanks for a great idea

owen_toni AT hotmail.com

I learned to crochet when my kids were small, I mainly did it for somthing to do in winter. I couldnt (and still can't) read a pattern and have it make sence to me. My friend showed me how to do chain stitch. Then I watched her do single stitches, then man I went to town! lol once you start and you see that what you are doing is forming somthing you cant stop! :) I rememember thinking *if I just go back and forth this may even be a blanket in the end!* lol Well I still have that so called blanket..(its twin size) I only let my kids use it if they were laying on the couch. They weren't allowed to drag it around the house. NOW my grandkids use it on the couch. They dont even ask to use it on the floor. Oh... I tought myself the double and triple stitch but I thought I was making it up.. later I saw somone elses and said *oh shoot I thought I invented that* lol Its addictive and you become determined. I even made a square afgan.. and yes turning corners was hard for me. The funny thing about the square one was that I didnt know to pay attention to the type of yarn I bought.. that square afgan was 100% wool and HUGE.. well I washed it in the washer at that time

BIG mistake! Now its like a baby blanket!! lol What can I say I was a kid myself at that time! lol I love this place it always brings back memories when I read posts!

There is a great online source for crochet patterns that I use sometimes. It's more like a directory for all types of patterns afgans, toys, and more. There is even a sister site for knitters. Check it out.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/

Cheri

I'm looking for a site that will tell me all about the double and triple stitch (?is there such a thing?) in "laymen's" terms. I can do the first chain and then last night I started the next thing by wrapping the yarn around needle and pushing it through the chain (I'm doing it every 2 or 3 stitches), hooking it and pulling it through the first two and then the next two and then starting over. Not sure if I'm doing it right and I'm having a really hard time finding things on the internet that explains it in simple terms. I don't understand what a double stitch or triple stitch or turning corners means. Can someone help? I'm trying to make a blanket for a king size bed (or at least just a big blanket if it doesn't fit my bed).

Can anyone send me some simple patterns?

Crocheted Afghan
Crocheted Afghan Patterns
Crafts CrochetFebruary 23, 2006
fleece tie blanket
Making Fleece Tie Blankets
Wool Blanket
Cleaning Wool Blankets
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Yellow Blanket
Washing Blankets
🎉
🎄