Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Someone mopping a floor.

Whether you are looking for a cleaner or starting your own business, determining the average cleaning rates is a main consideration. This is a guide about how much does house cleaning cost.

Here are questions related to How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?.

Question: House Cleaning Fee Advice

I clean a 3 bedroom house with kitchen, living room, den, game room, and 2 bathrooms. I mop, sweep, vacuum, do lots of dusting, wash some clothes, and whatever dishes are in sink wash by hand.

I've been charging the same price for about 5 years; once a month for $150. She now wants it twice a month for less since she feels it will be less dirty, however, she has 2 hairy cats and a dog inside which of course shed a lot so I have to sweep and vacuum all floors before moping.

The home is about a 12 mile drive round trip. She calls me last minute lots of times so I am very convenient for her and trustworthy. I was getting ready to ask for $25 more, but don't want to be over charging if its not fair price.

By lmr

Most Recent Answer

By momof405/04/2012

I'm in Kansas (KC Suburb). I have a cleaning company (bonded) clean my house. Around here bonded companies/individuals charge more than those not bonded. I am charged per room for about 3.5 hours & 2 cleaners (no oven, fridge or clothes washing included).

I pay more for them to come weekly or bi-weekly than monthly. If they come bi-weekly there are scrubbing my floors each time then it takes longer than scrubbing it once a month. They also figure their rate based on the number of adults/kids living in the home. The cleaners here make just over minimum wage & use the companies supplies. The company gets the rest. Hiring an individual here cost less.

You need to make a living. Check Craigslist for what others charge. Call other companies & get prices.

Question: Price for Move In Cleaning

I have to clean a 4,000 sq.ft. house before the customer moves in. How much do I need to charge?

By ST

Question: Cost for Cleaning a House

How much I should ask to clean a 4 bedroom house, including a living room, dining room, basement, bathroom, and kitchen.

By Elizabeth R.

Question: Spring House Cleaning Package Charge

I just started my business in Oklahoma City and I am wanting to put a spring cleaning package together, but I don't know how much to charge.

By Alexis from Oklahoma City

Question: Determining Cleaning Prices

I am located in Chicago, Illinois, doing garden maintenance and would also like to offer common area cleaning. I want to know what a good price is for the following 6 unit building common areas: front stairs and back decks, foyer area and glass of doors, sweep all walk ways and laundry room cleanup. Estimate about 2-3hrs total for all areas. I would like to offer a once-a-week service to match up with the garden care as I'll be on-site anyway.

Thanks!

PJ

By Pat L.

Question: Cost of Cleaning Services

I want to know if I have someone come clean my house, how much does it cost to clean one time or weekly? And how much for my office building everyday or every other day. I just want a good price with good service.

By Francesca

Most Recent Answer

By freshshine805/27/2014

Hi, my prices for basic cleaning are: 1 bedroom - $65,
2 bedroom - $75,
3 bedroom- $85 and so on...
Fridge +$20
Stove + 20
Laundry + 25
For estimating the office I need to see it...
I'm located in Central New Jersey, my number is 609 858 1718. If you interesting please call me...

Question: Determining the Price for Housecleaning

I am interested in getting established as a self employed residential housecleaner. At the moment, I clean my mother's house, but I do not charge my mother because, after all, she is my mother. When cleaning my house, as well as my mother's, I always start from the ceilings in every room and give each room a complete and 100% cleaning! I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and am no stranger to hard work. My plan is to offer a flxed rate for initial cleanings and a fixed rate for cleaning a house once the initial cleaning is achieved. I reside in Louisiana and have my own transportation as well as a my own cleaning supplies and equipment. Please help me to decide what I should charge for initial cleanings as well as recurring cleanings.

By Merry M

Question: House Cleaning Rates

I am looking into getting someone to clean my home 2 times a month. I live in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath trailer. I have a 2 year old little girl and am expecting another this spring. I'd only need them to clean our living room, kitchen, bathroom, and small hallway. The job would consist of vacuuming, sweeping, dusting and polishing end tables/coffee table, wipe down countertops, toilet, and tub. The job may also include a few dishes here and there if there are some. I will have all supplies they'll need, including gloves. My question is what's a fair pay for them? Id like to be sure I'm paying them as they should be. Also I live in the New Mexico area. There are no pets.

By Ashley S. from New Mexico

Question: Average Cost for House Cleaning and Doing Laundry

What is the cost per hour for cleaning a house and doing the laundry?

By Sara B

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]06/10/2013

I cleaned house for many years. I charged $30 and hour at the time I retired. This is a high cost of living, high income area. I was well known and had more work than I could take. Your reputation will be what allows you to raise your rates. In lower income areas the rate can be as low as $10 an hour. Keep in mind that the nature of the work only allows you to work for about 5 hours a day. It is a very concentrated workout. I never worked more than 4 days a week.

Question: One Time Cleaning Fee

I am doing a one time cleaning for a friend that has a one bedroom, one bath home, with kitchen, living room, and dining room. My friend is about to move in, but wants it totally cleaned and mopped. I supply the cleaning supplies and it's about a 30-45minute drive to their house. So what do I charge?

By BW from Liberty, TX

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie [30]10/21/2012

Hi - just wanted to add a comment. It would be very difficult for someone from another part of the US to give you a very good estimate of how much to charge per hour because the cost of living is so different.

Some of Florida's cost of living will not compare in any way with other parts of the country.

I still suggest you try to get an estimate or look in your directory and call some of your local cleaning services and give them the info you have and see what they tell you they would charge you to do this service.

It will also give you a good idea of what they charge extra for and also what they will not do. Good luck

Question: Estimating the Cost of a Cleaning Job

I am new in the cleaning business. I got a job for a 5 bedroom duplex, each room has 1 toilet and bath. Please help me, I don't know how to prepare the quotes for this job. Thanks.

By Solomon

Most Recent Answer

By Reyescleaningservices04/07/2014

Here in Il. I would estimate no less than $700.00 Every bathroom and every kitchen takes about 2 hrs. to clean. you may estimate even higher, and believe me even with a good helper it will probably take at least 12 hrs.

Question: Rates for House Cleaning

My friend just bought his first home in the same city l live in and me being a stay home mom, l decided to clean their house before they move in. (For some cash.) I saw the house is a 2 story home and is very dirty. l have not ever cleaned someone else's home, but l know the time and work required. How much should I charge for cleaning a new empty home with 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, including lots of windows. I will also be cleaning walls and a cabin.

By Miriam

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]05/09/2012

I have cleaned houses for many years. For a move in/move out cleaning you need to double the number of hours you would usually need to clean the house. Add an hour because you are unfamiliar with the house.

Most houses that size take 5 to 5.5 hours to clean. Because it is super dirty you should add 3 or 4 extra hours. Time for washing walls would be approximately 5 to 6 hours. So you are looking at about 15 hours for just the house. Most people cannot clean more than 5 hours in a day because it is so strenuous.

High cost of living areas charge $30 an hour. Low cost of living areas can charge between $5 and $10 and hour. It just depends on where you live. If I were you I would go on an hourly basis. It is impossible to bid the job with so many variables.

Let your friend know approximately how much time will be required. People can be really dense about that sort of thing, and you don't want to damage a friendship. I would allow 4 to 5 days for this job. Good luck!

Question: Estimating Cost of House Cleaning

How much do it cost to clean a 5,000 sq. ft. home in Bloomfield?

By Casheba

Most Recent Answer

By Joan [13]05/04/2012

Most individual cleaning people charge by the hour. Most of the people that I know that have housekeepers pay between $10-$15.00 per hour.

Question: Starting a House Cleaning Business

Are most house cleaners a self employed business setup as an LLC? Do you have any insurance, bonds, or setup any contracts with clients? Are most clients experienced with this type of service?

By Pamela

Most Recent Answer

By JazzyMe [11]05/18/2012

Self-employed, set up as an LLC? Not all companies are set up this way. Some are groups of people who start a business together. As just one person you'll only be able to handle, at the most, 2 to 3 clients really, really well, and even then 3 might make it hard to keep a good reputation. Which you will need more than anything.

Do you have to have insurance? Yes. For yourself if you are injured on someone elses property. For clients if they injure themselves stepping over any of your equipment while you are on their property.

Do you need to be Bonded? Yes. This shows the client that if anything goes missing and they think you stole it that you have a bond to cover such loses.
Do you have to set up contracts with clients? With some yes. Example: If you clean apartments for an apartment building owner. Some rich people like to make a contract to have you show up on certain days each week.

Other people will call in asking for one time services. Usually a company has several workers and can accommodate these one time callers.

It is up to you to decide if you want to make contracts or just wait for one time callers. Contracts will bring in a more regular income.

Are "most" clients experienced with this kind of service? "Most" does not apply to anything. But I always assume that the client has no idea what they really want and ask them many, many questions. Make a list of questions to ask callers so you can get them to the point of what they really want and need without taking all day. Guide them, politely, to an end result.

Have your rates set up in advance! Tell them your rates. Do not negotiate rates right off the bat, over the phone. If they seem serious and want to come in to sign a contract you can, at that time, offer them discounts based on what they want.

Question: Average Cost of House Cleaning

How much does a house cleaning service cost?

By manandvanhirelondon

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]05/31/2011

It depends on where you live. Here in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) it runs about $30 an hour. Most homes take between 4 and 5 hours to clean. this assumes they are picked up and ready for cleaning and have been cleaned on a regular basis. If not, double the price. Most services will quote you a price at no charge.

Question: How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?

If you have someone come in twice a week to clean your home, what do you pay for for 2, 3, and 4 bedroom house? And how many people and how long does it take them? I am starting my own business and not sure of how to charge. Is $20 per hour fair? I do provide excellent service and live in central NJ.

Thanks,
Kim from Howell

Most Recent Answer

By stacief04/20/2012

Ive been in business for several months now and find that it's best to give an estimate based on how long it will take you to clean. Some customers feel I charge too much and others are elated. I don't charge a higher first time fee as I feel the price balances out in time. I also don't itemize additional cleaning tasks unless it's the oven or refrigerator.

It seems nit picky to have to add 5+ dollars for some additional task the client may ask about. Try and figure some of those things into your initial quote. That way, you're coming off with a much stronger sense of customer service. The customer also knows that they're getting their money's worth. I charge $20.00 per hour and live in the Midwest.

Solutions: How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?

How Much Does House Cleaning Cost? f you have someone come in twice a week to clean your home, what do you pay for for 2, 3, and 4 bedroom house? And how many people and how long does it take them?