Browsing: How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?

Whether you are looking for a cleaner or starting your own business, determining the average cleaning rates is a main consideration. This is a guide about how much does house cleaning cost.

Someone mopping a floor.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 20, 2016 Flag

I need information on rates to pay an hour for light house work. I am temporarily restricted due to shoulder and need help. I offered to pay my friend's 20 year old daughter to help me 2 to 3 hrs a day, 1 or 2 days a week. She would do dishes, sweep kitchen, take out trash, wipe off the table, and straighten up the living area. It's only a small single floor home with 2 bed rooms, a bath, kitchen and living room. It's only light cleaning, just to keep my head above ground. What would be a fair price? I'm on a budget, live in a small east coast town, and am doing this out of necessity. I don't want to offend anyone because we're good friends. Her mom worked for a local company and got paid $20 per hour.
Thank you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I pay my younger lady friend $10 an hour 8 hours a month or 4 hours every two weeks. It is worth it to me as I have 1216 square foot of linoleum flooring to mop and clean. She comes twice a month 4 hours each time.

That is very cheap!

Read More Answers...

May 1, 2012 Flag

I clean a 3 bedroom house with kitchen, living room, den, game room, and 2 bathrooms. I mop, sweep, vacuum, do lots of dusting, wash some clothes, and whatever dishes are in sink wash by hand.

I've been charging the same price for about 5 years; once a month for $150. She now wants it twice a month for less since she feels it will be less dirty, however, she has 2 hairy cats and a dog inside which of course shed a lot so I have to sweep and vacuum all floors before moping.

The home is about a 12 mile drive round trip. She calls me last minute lots of times so I am very convenient for her and trustworthy. I was getting ready to ask for $25 more, but don't want to be over charging if its not fair price.

By lmr

Cleaning jobs are constant and a lot of hard work but you should not take a pay cut and then double your work load.

I run a small cleaning business. If you are only cleaning her house once or even twice a month and you don't know how much to charge your client, there are various ways to do it, say it and even share it.

I will not recommend any comforting words that will make you happy and contented but what I can say is check this link, http://www.greenaircleaningnyc.com/ ... cleaning-service-costs-and-pricing/.

I believe it will help you in many ways that you can never imagine.

I don't know if this will help...It will benefit you to clean every two weeks instead of monthly, meaning you will have more control over the pet hair situation. There are other factors: were you buying the products and washing the cleaning towels at your home? You should factor those seemingly little thing in ( including the added wear and tear on your car and gas.) You need to be comfortable with your price and be able to break it down for her. Remember you are almost doubling your time time. I personally would reduce the price by more than $ 20. It may take a little less time per cleaning ( 1/2 - 45 mins) depending on whether you were rushing at the end of your monthly cleaning time to begin with...you don't mention how long it was taking you to begin with.

Read More Answers...

July 9, 2015 Flag

I have been staying with my friend and her family since the beginning of June. Mind you I am normally not home and when I was I would be cleaning. I vacuumed twice a day every day I was there. I did a detail cleaning of both master and hall bathrooms. I cleaned 2 of the bedrooms, one of which took me 2 hours to clean. I did the dishes once or twice a week, even though I never ate or used any dishes. I did quite a few loads of their laundry. I also dusted the whole house everyday. And now they have kicked me out and refuse to pay, even after agreeing to pay for everything I did. I was there for 23 days, what should I charge for everything I did?

Something is missing here-you paid $450 to stay 1 month (or more?) and you expect someone to pay you for the cleaning, etc.?

Was there a written agreement for anything?

Did you agree to provide specific cleaning services and also paid $450 before you moved in?

Did you actually volunteer cleaning but now expect them to pay for your services because they kicked you out?

Why did they kick you out?

I have a Job to clean a 4 bedroom 4 bath condo vacation property

with my supplies how much could i charge

Read More Answers...

October 18, 2012 Flag

I am doing a one time cleaning for a friend that has a one bedroom, one bath home, with kitchen, living room, and dining room. My friend is about to move in, but wants it totally cleaned and mopped. I supply the cleaning supplies and it's about a 30-45minute drive to their house. So what do I charge?

By BW from Liberty, TX

Hi - just wanted to add a comment. It would be very difficult for someone from another part of the US to give you a very good estimate of how much to charge per hour because the cost of living is so different.

Some of Florida's cost of living will not compare in any way with other parts of the country.

I still suggest you try to get an estimate or look in your directory and call some of your local cleaning services and give them the info you have and see what they tell you they would charge you to do this service.

It will also give you a good idea of what they charge extra for and also what they will not do. Good luck

That's some ppl s idea of a gift,but if you do this for a living or strapped for cash ,not

Read More Answers...

September 21, 2013 Flag

I am interested in getting established as a self employed residential housecleaner. At the moment, I clean my mother's house, but I do not charge my mother because, after all, she is my mother. When cleaning my house, as well as my mother's, I always start from the ceilings in every room and give each room a complete and 100% cleaning! I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and am no stranger to hard work. My plan is to offer a flxed rate for initial cleanings and a fixed rate for cleaning a house once the initial cleaning is achieved. I reside in Louisiana and have my own transportation as well as a my own cleaning supplies and equipment. Please help me to decide what I should charge for initial cleanings as well as recurring cleanings.

By Merry M

Oh yeah and reoccurring customers, I give them a little discount if they are weekly/biweekly, due to the fact that is for sure money coming in. It's like a thank you for choosing me and you are hooking them up with a lesser charge but you can count on that money. I would go like $10 off. This is just my opinion granted but I am surely not going to work for $8 an hour. Check this out:

3 hour clean at $15.00 an hour= $45.00

Minus Gas $ 7.00

Product Used $10.00

That leaves you with $28 divide that by 3 hours labor and you are working for $7 an hour, busting your butt. I never go by hourly rate as you can see you will get nowhere.

$28.00 divided by three equals $9.33/hr. Most people provide product and I worked commuting and no one paid for my bus or train, ever. So the true number is $15.00/hr. If you worked only PT, 20 hrs. Per week, that equals $300/week and then 52 weeks a year; that equals $15,600 per year tax free. Remember this is part time. It seems a bit low but it is part-time. What happens to breakage? Charge more if you get insurance.

Read More Answers...

June 8, 2013 Flag

What is the cost per hour for cleaning a house and doing the laundry?

By Sara B

I cleaned house for many years. I charged $30 and hour at the time I retired. This is a high cost of living, high income area. I was well known and had more work than I could take. Your reputation will be what allows you to raise your rates. In lower income areas the rate can be as low as $10 an hour. Keep in mind that the nature of the work only allows you to work for about 5 hours a day. It is a very concentrated workout. I never worked more than 4 days a week.

Never ever charge by hour you always charge by the job period

Read More Answers...

May 7, 2012 Flag

My friend just bought his first home in the same city l live in and me being a stay home mom, l decided to clean their house before they move in. (For some cash.) I saw the house is a 2 story home and is very dirty.

January 11, 2007 Flag

How Much Does House Cleaning Cost? f you have someone come in twice a week to clean your home, what do you pay for for 2, 3, and 4 bedroom house? And how many people and how long does it take them?

Load More
Business and Legal BusinessFebruary 1, 2013
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
A dog being check out by a veterinarian.
Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic
Satelite dish against a tree in background.
Saving Money on DirectTV
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 1:25:46 PM on 10.0.1.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.