Instructions to Make a Lighted Wine Bottle

A while back I saw posted instruction on how to make a light using a wine bottle. You put the lights inside the bottle and added grapes to the out side of the bottle. Could you please send me the picture and instructions on how you done this?

Connie from Windsor, PA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Smileah 2 7 03/28/2008

Here are the instructions. : )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By John Sass 01/11/2009

The easiest way to drill the wine bottle is to fill it completely full of water and put the cork on the top firmly and then drill it with a drill press with a bit made just for glass.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By stephanie mims 1 02/01/2010

I have tried to drill holes in the bottles, and the bottles keep shattering, and cracking. How can I avoid this?
Someone please email me with a solution. smims83 AT aol.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Instructions to Make Lighted Wine Bottle

Someone had a beautiful lighted wine bottle posted in answer to another's request of how to adhere the grapes. Does anyone remember this and have the directions for the whole project? I would love to make a few of these.

Bonnie from Martinsburg

RE: Instructions to Make Lighted Wine Bottle

Here is where the person that made that wine bottle originally posted. http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf34843704.tip.html You can contact them directly by clicking on their name at the top of their posting! (12/12/2007)

By Laurel_admin