Consumer Conplaint: Villa Nuria Apart Hotel, San Pedro Sula, Honduras

When I saw Villa Nuria on the internet, It looked nice. I read the good reviews and ignored the bad ones. Wrong thing to do! - The bad reviews were right so I am filing this complaint so others can be

The Apart Hotel had small old beds, pots and pans are dirty and rusty. Kitchenette blinds were melting because the portable burners are right by the window (no other place for it.)

I had to sleep with the window blinds open as they wouldn't close. There were no lights on the outside because staff said that they would be stolen so they just left them out.

Linens were old and torn, bathroom is very small and had mold. Toliet paper is on the back of the toliet. The maid never replaced paper so we had to purchase additional. The furniture was very small and made of vinyl. We stuck to the seats every time we sat down. The t.v. was a small used looking 13" tv which didn't play but half the time.

Villa Nuria has armed security guards all over the place. They aren't there to protect but bully people, especially Americans, around. If you walk on the grass you'll get yelled or threatened. If you say anything back, they will put their hand on their gun! The complex is in a very bad neighbor hood and they have security not for their guest benefit but for their own benefit.

If you have visitors coming to the Apart/hotel, if they don't produce a photo identity card, then the management will make them wait outside the complex on the side of the road, in a bad neighborhood. Even if you go up and identify the people as being your guest, they'll still refuse them entry!

If you get in the swimming pool wearing a tank top or tee shirt, you'll be told that you have to get out of the pool as they don't allow you to wear clothing into the pool. (Although it's not posted anywhere!) But they don't allow people to protect their skin. Again,
They do this knowing that American's will burn in the hot Honduran sun.

When you sign in, they count every thing in the apartment and don't be surprised when some of the things become missing before you check out and don't be surprised when they charge you 10 times the amount of the actual value of the item.

Alex Obiols is the owner of Villa Nuria and despite having written him numerous times to try and resolve my complaint, he ignored my request. Hopefully now that I am beginning to file complaints, he'll realize how serious I am about letting others know about his criminal activities.

By Sara from Seattle, WA

I would write to the department of tourism. I never want to set foot in Honduros after reading your account. Not good PR for their country.

That's the worst I could ever imagine. Good for you to do more than gossip, but rather take action! You are his worst nightmare! He's going to have to find another line of work. Sad but true, Americans overseas can be soft touches for this sort of thing. When I was in South Africa with my Mom, she said to walk with eyes front, zipping along briskly, because people know you're rich. I said, "Mom, I'm not wearing anything fancier than they are." (t and jeans) and she said "You're able to afford glasses."

Writing the Department of Tourism is probably the best thing I could do! - THANKS!

I was going to put up the image on a website that I was doing to inform other people about Villa Nuria. The black at the bottom of the image is where the menu buttons are going. As you see by the image, I had took a picture of my child as the guard was putting his hand on his gun at Villa Nuria Swimming Pool. I had to enlarge this image and although the clarity isn't perfect, you can clearly see why I was and am so upset with Villa Nuria

Villanuria is the worst place I ever stayed.

I have stayed at villa Nuria twice & never had any trouble. It isn't the luxurious place that is portrayed in the pictures but it is fairly nice for the location. The guards never harassed me or anyone in my group. They also didn't mind posing for pictures. They woud even put thier hand on thier firearm for the camera. That makes me a bit suspicious of this photo.

Look at the photo and you can see that it is a hackjob photoshop. It is two pictures with the guard photo merged with the background photo. Compare the shadows of the tree with the lack of shadow of the guard. Bad fake job.

Honduras Travel
Honduras Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Consumer Advice Company ComplaintsMay 9, 2008
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
San Antonio River Walk
San Antonio, TX Frugal Travel Guide
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread Recipes
Muffin Tin Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Muffin Tin Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread Recipes