Math Pancakes

Pancakes are so easy to manipulate into shapes to teach with, so we are going to start doing plates of multiplication equations. Maybe one or two a week. I am hoping it will help. I know this works for the alphabet.

We are also using flash cards but my child doesn't like studying, bless her heart. She is so not into buckling down with anything, but she makes good grades though. Multiplication tables takes on a whole new meaning when they are on the breakfast table. Maybe she won't know she is studying this way, which is my goal!

Source: From a teacher a while back!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

What a great idea! We have used dominoes for math and scrabble for letters and words, when working with children, any extra ideas sure come in handy! Thanks.

I don't understand. I've made pancakes with letters on them by using batter with food coloring in it. I carefully putting it on top of the pancake, when it's in the pan. I did the same for shapes like a heart, but I can't figure out how multiplication facts could be used. Help!

Instead of having circle pancakes, I would take a math fact that is hard to remember, like 9 X 6 and I would make pancakes that look like the "9" and then the "6". There would be two pancakes next to them that were the answer which would be 54. OR I could just prop up a sign on the table that said 9 x 6 and there would be lots of pancakes made in the shape of "54". You put the batter in a plastic bag and squeeze it out in the shape of the number.

You could also put whip cream on the shape of the pancakes to say 9 x 6 = 54. You could also buy the icing and write it on there, or squeeze it out with cream cheese. You could put whipped topping on the pancakes and then chocolate bits on there to spell out 54.

Now I am getting hungry.

There is however a trick to nines, which I have forgotten what it was but it is an easy trick in multiplying nines. Having fun with learning is the main idea to all of this!

Thanks Robyn, great idea! Have a nice day!

Blueberry Pancakes
Homemade Pancake Recipes
Parenting Grade Schooler EducationAugust 10, 2010
Eating pancakes with applesauce.
Syrup Alternatives for Pancakes
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
Reheating Pancakes
Reheating Pancakes
Gingerbread Pancakes
Gingerbread Pancakes
🎄