Raspberry Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Pancakes
A special breakfast can be a tower of pancakes with marshmallows puffed up and toasted, tart raspberries and dark chocolate chips for a perfectly balanced sweetness.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you're looking to impress your Valentine this year, try making these luscious pancakes. The raspberries make them tart, the creamy marshmallows puff up and toast when cooked, and the dark chocolate chips give them some perfectly balanced sweetness.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add butter and stir until just melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Very slowly, in small increments, drizzle warm mixture into whisked egg. Don't add it too quickly or you'll scramble the egg.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour in the raspberries, mashing them as they go in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Heat a greased griddle to medium heat. Add blobs of batter. When bubbles appear at the top after a couple minutes, flip and cook the other side a couple minutes longer. Continue cooking the rest. I love the flavours of these pancakes on their own so I did not use syrup!
CommentsRead More Comments