How To Make A Vegan Cake

Does anyone have any recipes for making a vegan cake or taking a regular cake recipe and making it into a vegan recipe? I am planning a birthday party for a vegan.

Tina from MD

1 cup white sugar

1 1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

1 TBLS vinegar

1/2 cup salad oil

1 cup cold water

Mix all together til smooth

Bake in PAM sprayed 8 X 8 pan, or double recipe for 9 X 13 size pan.

Bake at 350 degrees 15 mins for cupcakes, or 30-35 mins for cake.

This is a very moist cake-you will love it.

WIsgal - I was just about to post the very same recipe. I've been making that recipe for years and have passed it on to so many people - everyone loves it. . My daughter also makes it for special occasions and puts dark chocolate chunks in it and bottled cherries - divine!

Robyn in New Zealand

Tina - I made vegan cakes for years for a vegan daughter. Basically you replace any milk with soy milk, no-dairy margarine instead of butter and use a product called "No Egg" to replace your eggs. It comes just fine. I used to make banana cakes, apple cakes, chocolate cake (as per previous recipe) etc. If you use chocolate just be careful that it is dairy-free. Also some red food colouring isn't vegan - so avoid that.

Hope that helps

Robyn in New Zealand

I use cake mix and add a can a pumkin. I usely use chocolate. Also spice cake mix is good with pumkin

Check out a cook book called "Veganomicon" by Moskowitz and Romero. Or any of their cookbooks. They are some of the best vegan cooks out there.

Making a vegan cake.
Vegan Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes VeganJanuary 10, 2006
Vegan Gluten Free Gingerbread
Vegan Gluten Free Gingerbread
Vegan Black Bean Burger
Vegan Burger Recipes
a vegan salad
Simple Vegan Recipes
Vegan Quiche
Vegan Quiche Recipes