Vegan Pineapple Banana Cake

Category Fruit
Vegan cake is easy to make and adding some fruit flavor with pineapple and banana is delicious and a little healthier. This page contains vegan pineapple banana cake.

I love baking vegan treats because you don't really notice when you remove the eggs and dairy. This cake has a handful of ingredients and is super moist.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

• 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 ripe pineapple
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (any milk will do)
  • 1/3 cup cooking oil (I used canola)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8 or 9 inch pan with parchment paper or grease and dust with flour. I used my toaster oven for this batch.
  2. Peel and cut up pineapple half then crush using a masher or knife. Mash banana into mixture.
  3. Add almond milk and oil.
  4. Ad

5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
  6. Add these dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
  7. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
  8. Ad

9. Top will become golden and toothpick will come out clear.
  10. I like to cut the cake into small squares then stack one slice on top of another to make a nice layered cake. Top with extra pineapple chunks.
  11. Ad

Top Comment

What a great question! I would definitely try the pineapple juice in lieu of the milk. I have used soda for milk before in cake and it was SO GOOD. If you want, I'm willing to try it for you and message you with what happens :) I love baking (and feeding others) that much. Just let me know. If you want to try it yourself, use equal amounts of the juice for the milk. An average pineapple like the one I used has 26-30 ounces of pineapple. I think a can has 20 ounces?

Looks delicious and easy. And just as important, it's cheap and healthy (low in fat and sugar). One question: I can't find fresh pineapples so I'm going to use canned crushed pineapples. How many ounces is equal to half of a fresh pineapple? Thanks!

A follow-up to the above question. Since my crushed pineapple is packed with juice, I'm wondering if i can replace the milk with the pineapple juice for extra pineapple flavor. Since the juice is sweet, maybe I can even lessen the sugar. If milk is really required, maybe I can mix some milk powder into the juice to make pineapple milk(?!). In fact, if I buy the pineapple packed in syrup (instead of juice), maybe I can use the pineappley syrup and eliminate the sugar altogether?

Oh and just a reminder that I did only use half a pineapple! I think the juice and pineapple in one can would be a great idea!