Vegan Cake Recipes

Category Vegan
This is actually very easy to bake a vegan cake in almost all of your favorite flavors. This page contains vegan cake recipes.

Vegan cake is easy to make and adding some fruit flavor with pineapple and banana is delicious and a little healthier. This page contains vegan pineapple banana cake.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have any recipes for making a vegan cake or taking a regular cake recipe and making it into a vegan recipe? I am planning a birthday party for a vegan.

Thanks!
Tina from MD

Answers

WACKY CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBLS vinegar
1/2 cup salad oil
1 cup cold water
Mix all together til smooth
Bake in PAM sprayed 8 X 8 pan, or double recipe for 9 X 13 size pan.
Bake at 350 degrees 15 mins for cupcakes, or 30-35 mins for cake.
This is a very moist cake-you will love it.

By (Guest Post)

WIsgal - I was just about to post the very same recipe. I've been making that recipe for years and have passed it on to so many people - everyone loves it. . My daughter also makes it for special occasions and puts dark chocolate chunks in it and bottled cherries - divine!

Robyn in New Zealand

By (Guest Post)

Tina - I made vegan cakes for years for a vegan daughter. Basically you replace any milk with soy milk, no-dairy margarine instead of butter and use a product called "No Egg" to replace your eggs. It comes just fine. I used to make banana cakes, apple cakes, chocolate cake (as per previous recipe) etc. If you use chocolate just be careful that it is dairy-free. Also some red food colouring isn't vegan - so avoid that.
Hope that helps

Robyn in New Zealand

By tee (Guest Post)

I use cake mix and add a can a pumkin. I usely use chocolate. Also spice cake mix is good with pumkin

By Deliah (Guest Post)

Check out a cook book called "Veganomicon" by Moskowitz and Romero. Or any of their cookbooks. They are some of the best vegan cooks out there.

How do I make a Vegan Banana Wacky cake that has no chocolate in it but has Vegan chocolate chips sprinkled on top?

By Maria from TX

Answers

How about this one: http://happylit  banana-cake.html

Here is my recipe for Vegan Banana Bread that is a hit with everyone!! You can just sprinkle chocolate chips on top if you want.

3 medium very ripe bananas
1/3 cup oil (I use sunflower)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 325F. Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, then add flour & soda & chips if using & stir until just mixed. Place in a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70mins.