Recipes Using Cabbage

I am looking for recipes using cabbage.

Jean from Saxe, VA

http://www.recipezaar.com

Type cabbage in the search bar. Tons of recipes to choose from.

Cabbage is great in salads (and even more nutritional than lettuce) :-) I often use half cabbage and half romaine lettuce along with other salad goodies like tomatoes and avocado :-)

I live alone and can't use an entire head even when using it for cooking so I ask the produce worker of the day to please cut one in half for me since it's sold by the pound ... They gladly do it and the other half always sells :-)

If I think I'll not be able to use even the half a cabbage I purchase, I have a neighbor who loves it so I share it with her and she in turn shares something of hers that she knows she can't finish before spoiling :-)

Picled cabbageKem Chi usually referred to as a Vietnamese dish. This is good for a snack or as a side dish. Soak cabbage -- usually won bok cabbage in a salt solution and weigh down the cabbage. Then find a pickling recipe that you like that includes pepper seeds and some hot spice. Combine pickled cabbage and pickling water in a jar and let sit in fridge to get cabbage and spices to marry. Some grocery stores have the seasoned packages and instructions in the asian sections or google the instructions.

The New York Times website has several cabbage recipes. Here's the link:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/ ... ecipes_for_health/cabbage/index.html

Oops, the server didn't like my fractions. Here is another try.

Cajun Style Cabbage

1 lb. ground beef

1 medium green pepper, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

1 10-oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies

1 8-oz can tomato sauce

one/half cup uncooked long grain rice

1 tsp salt

one/half tsp dried basil

one/half tsp dried oregano

one/fourth to one/half tsp white pepper

one/fourth to one/half tsp black pepper

one/fourth to one/half tsp cayenne pepper

4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce

1 small head cabbage, chopped

1 or 2 cups shredded Colby cheese

In a skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, rice and seasonings. Spread into an ungreased 9 X 13-inch pan, mixing with cabbage. Top with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 F for 65 to 75 minutes or until rice is tender.

Hamburger-Cabbage Casserole

1 pound lean hamburger

1 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup instant rice, uncooked

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 can tomato soup

1/4 cup water (to rinse out the soup can)

4 cups cabbage or coleslaw mix

Cook beef and onion; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into ungreased 2 quart casserole. Cover. Bake in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. 6 servings

This is similar to other BACON-FRIED CABBAGE recipes I've read here, but it's very easy (and SOOO good!)

Slice a cabbace thinly, then chop into 1 1/2" pieces. Cook 2 strips of bacon until done and crisp; remove from pan and set aside on a paper towel to drain. Stir cabbage into the bacon fat. Salt lightly, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Crumble the bacon over the cabbage and stir well. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes, checking frequently.

March 17, 2013 Flag

This page contains recipes using white cabbage. White cabbage is delicious used in a variety of dishes.

White Cabbage

January 3, 2013 Flag

This page contains recipes using red cabbage. Red cabbage is often used in German recipes, but lends itself to many possibilities.

Red Cabbage on Salad

Cabbage Roulades
Recipes Using Cabbage
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMarch 5, 2009
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
butterfly of an imported cabbage worm
Garden Insects: Imported Cabbage Worms
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎄